From: AIX Service Mail Server (aixserv_at_austin.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 02:37:39 CST

    has requested a copy or has subscribed to the document named "New_AIXV4_Fixes".
    If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, send e-mail to
    aixservaustin.ibm.com with a subject of "unsubscribe New_AIXV4_Fixes", or
    send a note to owner-aixservaustin.ibm.com with your request.

    APAR: IY22531 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: JAVA CORE DUMPS IN GBK LOCALE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Java application window may crash under GBK locale.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Java application window may crash under GBK locale.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    correct wrong memory operation

    ------

    APAR: IY29477 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: IOCP COPIES OUT TOO MUCH DATA

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The iocp GetQueuedCompletionStatus interface copies out
    8 bytes of data when a 32 bit application uses the
    interface while running on a 64 bit kernel. The extra
    copied out data can corrupt adjacent variables.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The iocp GetQueuedCompletionStatus interface copies out
    8 bytes of data when a 32 bit application uses the
    interface while running on a 64 bit kernel. The extra
    copied out data can corrupt adjacent variables.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is to copy out 4 bytes instead of 8 in this
    situation.

    ------

    APAR: IY30281 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSINTR ERRORS FOR DPMPA ADAPTER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The error shows SYSINTR errors for the interrupt level
    corresponding to the dpmpa adapter.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    LABEL: INTRPPC_ERR
    IDENTIFIER: DADF69E4
    Date/Time: Fri Mar 1 09:51:43
    Sequence Number: 182693
    Machine Id: 0002518F4C00
    Node Id: a0101441s1
    Class: H
    Type: UNKN
    Resource Name: SYSINTR
    Resource Class: NONE
    Resource Type: NONE
    Location: NONE
    Description
    UNDETERMINED ERROR
    Probable Causes
    SYSTEM I/O BUS
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM
    ADAPTER
    DEVICE
            Recommended Actions
            PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION PROCEDURES
    Detail Data
    BUS NUMBER
    0000 00C8
    INTERRUPT LEVEL
    0000 0025

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    One last interrupt can hang in the queue without getting
    processed before the port is taken down. Check for interrupts
    and give them time to process before taking down the port.

    ------

    APAR: IY30696 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSTEM CRASH IN TCP_UPSACKINFO()

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Sytem crash in tcp_UpSACKInfo() if the "sack" network option
    is set and number of retransimissions of TCP packets is more
    across the network.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Disable "sack"

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    If sack network option is set, customer will experience
    system crash if the no. of retransmissions of the packets
    accross the network is more.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Removing the unnecessary increment of both old and new
    max_sack_blocks pointer inside the for loop in
    tcp_UpSACKInfo().

    ------

    APAR: IY30711 COMPID: 5765D5101 REL: 121
    ABSTRACT: HACMP/ES SUPPORT MORE THAN 16 NETWORKS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    HACMP/ES SUPPORT MORE THAN 16 NETWORKS

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    RSCT Topology Services can currently only monitor up to 16
    Topology Services networks, which roughly translates into
    a limit of 16 IP or non-IP adapters per node. If more
    networks are specificed in an HACMP configuration then
    these additional networks/adapters will be ignored
    by Topology Services, and as result will appear as down to
    HACMP. An AIX error log entry with the following LABEL
    will be shown in this case: TS_OFF_LIMIT_ER.
    The output of command
           lssrc -ls topsvcs
    will include the following line
    >> Number of networks exceeds limit. Extra networks
    ignored. <<
    which indicates that the number of networks exceeds
    Topology Services' limits.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    A change was made in RSCT Topology Services so that it can
    now support additional networks. With the change, Topology
    Services (and therefore HACMP/ES) should support around
    40 adapters per cluster node.
    In order to allow Topology Services to log its events
    properly when running a configuration with large
    numbers of adapters, it is advisable to
      1) Increase the number of lines logged by the Topology
         Services daemon, which can be done with the
         following smit sequence:
    Cluster Configuration
     Cluster Topology
       Configure Topology Services and Group Services
         Change / Show Topology and Group Services Configuration
           Topology Services log length (lines)
      2) Increase the space in the /var filesystem, which
         is where RSCT places its log data.
    If a system with large numbers of adapters is being
    upgraded with the new RSCT level, it is recommended
    that the number of networks in the HACMP configuration be
    reduced (until the number of IP or non-IP adapters falls
    to 16 or below) before the new RSCT is applied. After
    RSCT is applied in all the nodes of the cluster then
    additional networks can be (re-)added. This
    recommendation is only relevant if the RSCT updates are
    applied in one node at a time while the cluster is kept
    running on the remaining nodes.

    ------

    APAR: IY31359 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PACKETS DO NOT OBEY ROUTING TABLE IF IT HAS DUPLICATE ROUTES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Some packets do not obey the routing table when there are
    duplicate entries for a particular route

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Assign "saved_match" the value of variable "match"

    ------

    APAR: IY31636 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: FTP ERROR WHEN LOGGING INTO NFS MOUNTED HOME DIR WITH 750 PERM.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ftp displays error when logging to a m/c, whose home directory
    is nfs mounted with the permission as 750.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    If the home directory is nfs mounted with the file permission
    750, customer will be getting the error message
    "230 - No directory! loging in with home=/" while logging in.
    But it places in the right directory, giving a wrong error
    message.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Modified the code, so that it will not give wrong error
    message.

    ------

    APAR: IY31641 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: M/C HANGS IF IT IS FLOODED WITH PACKETS WHOSE TH_FLAGS IS NULL.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    System hangs if it is flooded with packets whose th_flags is
    set to zero.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    System might hang, if it receives packets with no flags set.
    There might not be any problem with one packet. But system
    hangs when it is flooded with packets.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    tcp_input0() didn't free the mbuf, if the flags were set to
    zero. Modified the code to free the mbuf and send RST.

    ------

    APAR: IY31825 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DLOPEN/DLSYM DEAD LOCK

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    It has been found a deadlock situation can arise between
    dlopen and dlsym (or any other dl function such as dlclose
    or dlerror).
    dl operations are serialized with a common pthread mutex
    lock.
    In this particular case, it was found one thread was loading
    a C++ library using dlopen. This library had a static
    constructor with pthread mutex lock within, which it was trying
    to acquire while loading. Another thread has already acquired
    the lock and was now trying to perform a dlsym operation.
    This resulted in a deadlock.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    It has been found a deadlock situation can arise between
    dlopen and any other dl functions.
    dl operations are serialized with a common pthread mutex
    lock.
    If dlopen tries to load C++ library which has static
    constructors with mutex locks and these mutex locks have
    been acquired by other threads prior to other dl operations
    (such as dlclose, dlopen. dlsym), then there can be a
    process level hang.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Release the common pthread lock before calling C++ rte's
    loadAndInit and reacquire it later. Also, since loadAndInit
    is not threadsafe, protect it with another pthread mutex.

    ------

    APAR: IY31934 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: AUTOFS EXECUTABLE MAPS ALLOWS ROOT ACCESS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    A client configured with autofs and executable maps can be
    exploited to allow commands to be run as root for any user with
    access to the system.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Don't use executable maps

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Change string handling around how the executable map is called
    to avoid the exposure of this security hole.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change string handling around how the executable map is called
    to avoid the exposure of this security hole.

    ------

    APAR: IY31953 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: MOUNT USES EXCESSIVE CPU WITH NETGROUP EXPORTS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When large netgroups are used in the exports line for root
    access of a filesystem, rpc.mountd might use excessive
    amounts of CPU when servicing requests for that filesystem.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Remove the usage of netgroups in the root=-statement, use
    a list of hostnames instead.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add a flag to disable netgroup resolution for root exports.

    ------

    APAR: IY32039 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GXT6000 GXT6500 SHADING RENDERED INCORRECTLY IN FLUENT APP.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    On GXT6000P and GXT6500P, an OpenGL based application from
    Fluent called gambit renders incorrectly in shaded mode. The
    model incorrectly renders all white, when it should render grey
    due to lighting effects.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    On GXT6000P and GXT6500P, an OpenGL based application from
    Fluent called gambit renders incorrectly in shaded mode. The
    model incorrectly renders all white, when it should render grey
    due to lighting effects.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Correctly handle the case where the light position
    is 0,0,0,0

    ------

    APAR: IY32040 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PS -O GIVES OUTPUT WITH LINES GREATER THAN 2048 CHARACTERS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The ps command with the -o option gives output greater than
    2048 characters per line when piped or redirected to a file.
    Other tools, like grep and vi that use this output will not
    work properly.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    ps command prints more than 2048 characters per line
    with the -o option. This causes other commands like
    grep and vi that use this output to fail.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The defect was fixed with code chages to the ps command.

    ------

    APAR: IY32108 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: FOR OPTION 81 IS NOT CORRECTLY SENT BACK TO CLIENT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When echoing back the option 81 to client
    dhcpsd makes it FQDN (Fully Quantified
    Domain Name) by ending the name with
    "." but it is not checking whether
    the client is already send FQDN.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The option 81 sent by the server has two "."
    . This happens when the option 15 is not
    set in the configuration file.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code has been changed to check for this
    condition.

    ------

    APAR: IY32163 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: MKSYSB TAKING MORE CPU DURING PROMPT FOR NEXT TAPE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When mksysb prompts for next tape volume to be
    inserted, vmstat shows CPU idle time close to 0.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    CPU idle time goes to almost zero, as mksysb loops in a script
    waiting for next tape vol to be inserted.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    make mksysb script to sleep for sometime instead of looping
    continuosly

    ------

    APAR: IY32167 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: TOPAS DATA FIELDS OVERFLOW

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Data value exceed the available space in the curses display.
    This causes leftover numbers to remain on the screen.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Coverts data values which exceed the fields to Kilo or Mega
    and adds the appropriate 'K' or 'M' after the value.

    ------

    APAR: IY32223 COMPID: 5765E5400 REL: 440
    ABSTRACT: MIGRATION HAS->HAES: NO CLVER ENTRIES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When migration from HAS 4.4.1.x to HAES 4.4.1.x, the clver
    entries
    in /etc/services AND in /etc/inetd.conf do not get added
    properly.
    The user ends up with the HAS entries commented out, and the
    HAES entries not present. Hence, no
    verification/synchronization
    is possible.
    A workaround is to add these entries by hand, and restart the
    inetd
    subsystem.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    HAES installation will check for NxN Migration case and not
    configure clver daemons. This configuration will be
    performed later after HAS is automatically deinstalled.
    During NxN migrations, the customer should ensure that the
    latest available PTF of HAES is installed before
    reintegrating the migrated node into the cluster.

    ------

    APAR: IY32228 COMPID: 5765E5400 REL: 440
    ABSTRACT: HAES: SELECTIVE FALLOVER DOES NOT OCCUR

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    selective fallover does not occur for application failure or
    local network failure. The cluster correctly enques the
    required rg_move event, but it does not take the event off
    the queue and run it. After the failed network is reintegrated
    into the cluster, the rg_move is run (but it is now no longer
    necessary).

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add the necessary checks to ensure that the rg_move event
    will be run at the correct time.

    ------

    APAR: IY32254 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: REALPATH ROUTINE SHOULD CHECK FOR EFFECTIVE ACCESS RIGHTS OF

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    realpath() should check for the effective access rights of the
    file. If mode is 700 and effective ID is not the same as the
    file's owner, realpath() should fail.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    If mode is 700 and real UID is not same as file's owner, then
    realpath fails with EACCES

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    modified realpath() such that if mode is 700 and effective UID
    is not same as owner id, then realpath() should fail with
    EACCES.

    ------

    APAR: IY32338 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SUCCESSFUL FTP LOGIN DOES NOT RESET FAILED LOGIN COUNT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Failed login count gets incremented on unsuccessful login. But
    on successful login, failed login count does not get reset to
    zero. This behaviour of ftpd istotally different from that of
    telnetd.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    After successful ftp login the failed login count will not
    reset.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    After a successful ftp login, the failed login count will get
    reset to zero. And number of failed attempts since last
    login, last unsuccessful login attempt and last successful
    login attempt will be displayed as 230 reply messages
    upon successful login to ftp.

    ------

    APAR: IY32368 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: TOOLTALK SERVER : MULTIPLE ISSUES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    an attacker can:
     - Overwrite 4 bytes of memory in the running process
       with a zero (0x0L) value
     - Remotely delete any file on the vulnerable host
     - Locally create or overwrite any file on the vulnerable
       host with arbitrary contents.
     - Remotely create arbitrary directory entries on the
       vulnerable host

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    . perform proper range checks on the file descriptor used as
       an index into the table _tt_db_table, ie it must be between
    >= 0 and < _TT_MAX_ISFD (0 and 127 inclusive)
    . check to see if the log file is a symbolic link via lstat()
       don't open to write the transaction log if the log file is
       a symbolic link

    ------

    APAR: IY32384 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: INCORRECT ERROR LOG ENTRY FOR CORE DUE TO SIGQUIT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Error log entry generated when a process is terminated
    due to SIGQUIT is not filled in correctly. The entry
    looks as follows:
    Detail Data
    SIGNAL NUMBER
               0
    USER'S PROCESS ID:
               0
    FILE SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER
              -1
    INODE NUMBER
              -1
    PROGRAM NAME
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Unable to generate symptom string.

    LOCAL FIX:
    None but please note that a core file is generated as
    normal in the appropriate directory.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    << Replace these lines with text indicating >>
    << the symptom(s) surrounding this problem >>
    Error log entry generated when a process is terminated
    due to SIGQUIT is not filled in correctly. The entry
    looks as follows:
    Detail Data
    SIGNAL NUMBER
               0
    USER'S PROCESS ID:
               0
    FILE SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER
              -1
    INODE NUMBER
              -1
    PROGRAM NAME
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Unable to generate symptom string.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Remove test for SIGQUIT when filling in the error log entry
    for core dump.

    ------

    APAR: IY32389 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: AIXTERM -E AIXTERM FAILS TO OPEN THE SECOND AIXTERM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When executing an aixterm from another aixterm using the -e
    option, the second aixterm fails to open must of the time.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    aixterm -e aixterm fails to open the second aixterm must of the
    time

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Code change to remove an unnecessary exit.
    The fix will be available in the next maintenance release.

    ------

    APAR: IY32395 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 431
    ABSTRACT: NEED FOR USER TUNEABLE FIN_WAIT_2 STATE TIMER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    netstat -an will show lots of connections in FINWAIT2 state.
    They will be hanging around for around 10 minutes.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    FINWAIT2 timer was earlier computed based on keepalive timer
    and the number of probes. Now we will have a seperate timer
    for FINWAIT2 which can be modified through "no" command.
    The name of the tuneable is tcp_finwait2. The default value
    will be 10 minutes.

    ------

    APAR: IY32404 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CSH COREDUMPS WHEN PDF FILES OPENED THROUGH NETSCAPE BROWSER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    'csh' encounters segmentation fault when pdf files are
    opened from netscape browser.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    csh coredumps when a csh script is invoked for a pdf file
    through netscape browser.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The csh coredump occurs due to memory leak in csh.

    ------

    APAR: IY32419 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CORRECT README STATEMENT ON AIXTHREADS VARIABLES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    bos README incorrectly states that the default value of the
    pthreads library debug variables (AIXTHREAD_...) is ON, but
    the default is now OFF.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    bos README incorrectly states that the default value of the
    pthreads library debug variables (AIXTHREAD_...) is ON, but
    the default is now OFF.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Changed README to state that the default value is OFF.

    ------

    APAR: IY32448 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PTRACE WATCHPOINT CAN LEAVE DABR SET OUTSIDE PROCESS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Using hardware watchpoints from user level
    debuggers can cause a system crash on the
    32bit kernel.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Unset the DABR register when saving state
    to fix the problem of the DABR remaining
    set across certain context switches.

    ------

    APAR: IY32456 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GXT300P/GXT2000P COLOR PROBLEM WITH MANY INSTANCES OF APP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    With GXT300P and GXT2000P, We have been
    able to reproduce a visual problem related
    to colors by minimizing about 7 MyoSPECT
    applications. On the 7th one the color scales
    start to fail by coming up wrong or not changing
    when a new color scale is selected.
    After reducing the number of open applications
    to about 3 we can usually get the scales
    back to normal. Customers have reported that
    on occasion they require a system shutdown to
    recover.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    With GXT300P and GXT2000P, We have been
    able to reproduce a visual problem related
    to colors by minimizing about 7 MyoSPECT
    applications. On the 7th one the color scales
    start to fail by coming up wrong or not changing
    when a new color scale is selected.
    After reducing the number of open applications
    to about 3 we can usually get the scales
    back to normal. Customers have reported that
    on occasion they require a system shutdown to
    recover.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Correct logic error in color map management, when a
    color map is pre-empted by a new color map.

    ------

    APAR: IY32485 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYMBOLS IN TERM.H NOT EXPORTED FROM LIBCURSES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Symbols like boolcodes, boolnames etc. which are seen
    in term.h header file are not exported from the curses
    library.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Some symbols that are in term.h are not exported
    from the curses library.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The symbols in term.h exported from curses library and
    their declaration changed to const in term.h header file.

    ------

    APAR: IY32505 COMPID: 5765E6400 REL: 220
    ABSTRACT: JFS ERRORS DURING SITE ISOLATION OF REMOTE SITE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    JFS ERRORS DURING SITE ISOLATION OF REMOTE SITE.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When a geo-mirroring network problem causes site isolation,
    the HA event processing halts the nodes at one site, in
    order to prevent data divergence which occurs when both
    sites update the data without mirroring to each other.
    If the network heals before this event processing completes,
    a write request may go across the network after the gmddown
    gets issued on the remote node but before any nodes are
    halted. When this happens, the remote node returns an error
    to the local node, and the local node fails the application
    write, because it knows something is wrong. The problem is
    that if the GeoMirror devices are being used to mirror a
    JFS filesystem, and the application write happens to be
    a write to the jfslog device, the write error to the jfslog
    device sets off a chain reaction of JFS errors, which requires
    the user to recover the filesystem. If the user panics and
    reboots the local node, this causes the filesystem to
    become corrupted, as JFS data that was stored in RAM and
    needed to recover the filesystem gets lost after a reboot.
    Note that this assumes the nodes at the remote site are
    halted, and the nodes at the local site survive after the
    site isolation processing completes.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is for the local node to avoid failing the
    application write request by continuing to resend the
    remote write request to the other site, even though it will
    probably fail over and over again. This will cause the
    application write to hang until the site isolation event
    processing gets around to issuing a gmddown command on the
    local node. The gmddown will break the write processing
    out of the resend loop, and the filesystem and applications
    running above it will continue running without any problems.

    ------

    APAR: IY32556 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: MODS TRIGGERED 700 CRASH - A NODE OF HAGEO'S CLUSTER WILL HIT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Doing lots of Oracle record deletes with AIX xmalloc debug
    turned on gives a 700 crash with following stack trace
    pgfree+000220 ()
    xmfree1+000320 ()
    xmfree+0002FC ()
    gmdpin:gmd_xmfree+000074 ()
    gmdpin:gmd_gbuf_cleanup+000198 ()
    gmdpin:gmd_gbuf_alloc+00009C ()
    gmdpin:gmd_strategy+00032C ()
    devstrat+000220 ()
    aio.ext:arl_rdwr+0004B4 ()
    aio.ext:ardwr+0005D0 ()
    aio.ext:qlioreq+00012C ()
    aio.ext:listio64+000194 ()

    LOCAL FIX:
    Turn off AIX kernel xmalloc debug setting .... crash scenario
    should be much less likely without the extra mods checks

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When debug xmalloc is enabled, the system may crash due to a
    Program Interrupt (dump code 700) in the pgfree() function
    with the following debug kernel error message:
    Debug kernel error message: An internal error occurred during
    VMM processing of a release request.
    The running thread's stack traceback is similar to the
    following:
    pgfree+000204
    xmfree1+000328
    xmfree+00035C
    gmd_xmfree+000060
    gmd_gbuf_cleanup+000184
    gmd_gbuf_alloc+000074
    gmd_strategy+000318
    gmd_intr_process+0001CC
    procentry+000010

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    There was a race condition which allowed one thread to pin
    a memory buffer immediately before another thread tried to
    free it. This is a programming error and causes the debug
    kernel to crash the system. This problem has been fixed.

    ------

    APAR: IY32557 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CPIO REMOVES LINKS WHEN RUN SECOND TIME

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The cpio when used to copy links works fine copying all the
    files and links to target machine. But when the same command is
    run second time, it removes the links .

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    cpio when used to second time to copy the files. It will
    delet the links copied first time on target machine.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    cpio modified to see that last modified time is checked for
    files only incase of ordinary dir entries but bot links.

    ------

    APAR: IY32558 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: 300 CRASH WITH GMD WHEN WE SET STATE MAP SIZE TO 1024 AND 2048

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Here are the stack in errpt.out.
    Detail Data
    DUMP STATUS
    LED:300
    csa:2ff3b400
    [gmdpin:sm_region_value] c
    [gmdpin:state_map_value] 2c
    [gmdpin:state_map_value] 2c
    [gmdpin:gmd_sync_build_krpc_req] 78
    [gmdpin:gmd_sync_read] 350
    [gmd:gmd_open] fc
    devcopen 330
    rdevopen b4
    bdev_open 2c
    spec_open e8
    vnop_open 1c
    openpnp 36c
    openpath 9c
    copen 16c
    open 18
    sys_call_ret 0
    Symptom Data
    REPORTABLE
    1
    INTERNAL ERROR
    1
    SYMPTOM CODE
    PIDS/5765C3403 LVLS/430 PCSS/SPI1 MS/300 FLDS/[gmdpin:s
    VALU/7cc430ae

    LOCAL FIX:
    To circumvent the "<state map size> * 512 * <region size>"
    must be equal or greater than the GMD lv size. For example, if
    the GMD lv size is 128 Gb, then the following values are needed:
             <state map size> should be 8192
             <region size> should be 32768 (the default).....
    State Map represents a little bit more than 128 Gb.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When a statemap is too small for its GeoMirror device, the
    node may crash with an error log entry which includes a stack
    trace similar to the following:
    LED:300
    csa:2ff3b400
    gmdpin:sm_region_value c
    gmdpin:state_map_value 2c
    gmdpin:state_map_value 2c
    gmdpin:gmd_sync_build_krpc_req 78
    gmdpin:gmd_sync_read 350
    gmd:gmd_open fc
    devcopen 330
    rdevopen b4
    bdev_open 2c
    spec_open e8
    vnop_open 1c
    openpnp 36c
    openpath 9c
    copen 16c
    open 18
    sys_call_ret 0

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The cfggmd command tries to detect when a statemap is too
    small for its GeoMirror device. The problem was that a
    calculation which converts from 512 byte blocks to megabytes
    was overflowing a 32 bit long variable. This problem has
    been corrected.

    ------

    APAR: IY32665 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: LAST COMMAND GIVES INCONSISTENT OUTPUT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The output of last command is inconsistent with that of
    who command.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The output of last command is inconsistent with the output of
    who command.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The last command shows incorrect output. The user displayed
    as active by who is shown as logged out by last.

    ------

    APAR: IY32682 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: UNPREDICTABLE IOSTAT BEHAVIOUR WHEN IOSTAT PARAMETER IS SET

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    If the "iostat" paramters default value is false, and
    several iostats are started simultaneously with "iostat"
    parameter set to true, then iostat output may be faulty.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Incase, default value of iostat sys parameter is false,
    and iostat command is used by several users simultaneously
    with iostat parameter set to true, it may fail with error
    "Disk statistics since boot not available".

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Query the ODM database properly for iostat value. i.e query
    PdAt database if value not found in CuAt, and sync the
    kernel value with that.

    ------

    APAR: IY32690 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: MEMORY LEAKS IN SECURITY ROUTINES GETGRGID_R() AND LOGINSUCCESS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    There are memory leaks in getgrgid_r() under
    NIS environment. This is seen when a NIS
    user makes connections to the informix
    database, the memory of the authentication
    process grows until no more connections are
    possible. For a local or other users this
    problem is not seen.
    There is a memory leak in loginsuccess() call
    for a local user. Since the leak is in the
    internal library routines, this leak will be
    seen while other routines like putuserattr()
    etc. for a local user. This problem is seen in
    the authentication process of the db2 server
    which is growing in memory because of this
    call, until it accepts no more connections.
    This apar is recommended for any other memory
    leak for a local user calling security routines.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Restart the server after it no longer accepts
    any new connections.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
        There are memory leaks in getgrgid_r() under
        NIS environment. This is seen when a NIS
        user makes connections to the informix
        database, the memory of the authentication
        process grows until no more connections are
        possible. For a local or other users this
        problem is not seen.
        There is a memory leak in loginsuccess() call
        for a local user. Since the leak is in the
        internal library routines, this leak will be
        seen while other routines like putuserattr()
        etc. for a local user. This problem is seen in
        the authentication process of the db2 server
        which is growing in memory because of this
        call, until it accepts no more connections.
        This apar is recommended for any other memory
        leak for a local user calling security routines.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Memory freed is freed before the functions return.

    ------

    APAR: IY32719 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: POTIENTIAL DNS RESOLVER BUFFER OVERFLOW

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    There is a potiential buffer overflow problem in DNS resolver
    code. This will allow an attacker-controlled DNS server to
    reply with a carefully crafted message to (for example) a
    gethostbyname() call. This reply will trigger the
    buffer overflow.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    This apar is assocaited with defect 37378 and the
    problem regarding the DNS resolver buffer overflow
    is resolved.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    This apar is assocaited with defect 37378 and the
    problem regarding the DNS resolver buffer overflow
    is resolved.

    ------

    APAR: IY32759 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GXT3000P GLX_STEREO: RENDERING ARTIFACTS IN LEFT STEREO BUFFER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    With GXT3000P adapter, rendering artifacts appear when using a
    OpenGL application that use GLX_STEREO to render in stereo
    mode, and renders to both buffers at once via GL_BACK.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    With GXT3000P adapter, rendering artifacts appear when using a
    OpenGL application that use GLX_STEREO to render in stereo
    mode, and renders to both buffers at once via GL_BACK.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Correct incorrect setting of blending flags for stereo case
    with blending when drawing to GL_BACK, GL_FRONT and
    GL_FRONT_BACK.

    ------

    APAR: IY32775 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: AIX EXECUTABLES NOT STRIPPED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Some executables are not stripped when shipped so
    their symbol information can be viewed.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Use the strip command to strip executables manually.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Commands tic, tput, captoinfo and infocmp are not
    stripped of symbol information.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Code modified to strip these commands.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    Manually strip the executables with the
    strip command.

    ------

    APAR: IY32776 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ERRORS WITH LIBC128.A LIBRARY OM 64 BIT MODE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The correct value of a 128 bit long double will not be printed
    correctly when compiled in 64 bit mode. The value will be
    different than in 32 bit mode because the program is not
    branching to the libc128.a printf.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    libc128.a library doesn't have a 64 bit shared
    object and this causes different values to be
    returned when 128 bit long double values
    are printed.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Required changes will be made to the libc128.a
    library to have 64 bit shared objects.

    ------

    APAR: IY32792 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: BUFFER OVERFLOW IN RPC.TTSERVERDB

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    a buffer overflow condition in the tooltalk database
    server (rpc.ttdbserver) when TT_CREATE_FILE client call is
    made with the inputed filename >1024 chars

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    in _tt_create_file_1(), first check that the inputed filename
    is not >1024 chars before proceeding

    ------

    APAR: IY32799 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PROBLEMS WITH MANY SEQUENTIAL CHFS -A SPLITCOPY COMMANDS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Some chfs -a splitcopy commands may fail when issued
    sequentially on many file systems all using the same jfslog.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The chfs -a splitcopy command issues a call to
    chlvcopy which results in a sync of the log logical
    volume of the filesystem in question. This sync
    is executed in the background, so the chfs command
    may return before the sync of the log lv completes.
    If another chfs -a splitcopy command is immediately
    issued on a filesystem using the same jfslog, the
    command may fail because the sync is still in
    progress.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The environment variable LVM_CHLVCOPY_FG_SYNC has
    been added to chlvcopy. When this variable is set
    to '1', the sync of the jfslog which occurs in
    chlvcopy, called by chfs -a splitcopy, will run
    in the foreground, not the background. Thus, the
    chfs command will not return until this sync
    completes if the variable has been set.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    Insert sleep commands between calls to chfs -a
    splitcopy.

    ------

    APAR: IY32806 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GETITIMER() CAN RETURN INCORRECT VALUES FOR EXPIRED TIMERS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    getitimer() can return incorrect values for expired timers
    when the system clock is set back after the timer has
    already expired and is no longer active. Correct value
    will be returned if the clock is set back before the timer
    has expired.

    LOCAL FIX:
    None. Do not use getitimer() on timers that have already
    expired.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Check if the timer is still active before returning an time
    remaining. Always return 0 if timer is not active.

    ------

    APAR: IY32829 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CORE DUMP WHEN STARTING X ON GXT130P

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When the customer tries to start X windows via the xinit
    command, he sometimes gets a core dump and X does not start.
    This problem seems to only occur when the Tivoli Desktop
    is started from xinitrc.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Attempting to start the Xserver on the GXT130P graphics
    adapter can result in an X core dump. The core dump is more
    likely to happen if an application which blits to the screen
    is started as part of the X startup sequence.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Initialize the Global Screen Pointer variable in the
    IFB Declare Device Dependant variables macro.

    ------

    APAR: IY32859 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: SYSTEM MAY CRASH WHEN BSDLOG() IS CALLED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    NFS server may crash when bsdlog() is called. The stack trace
    is similar to: trace -m:
          IAR: .logbuf+2c (00012ba4): stbx r3,r6,r7 LR:
          .bsdlog+a0 (000bba74)

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Lock was not held before calling logbuf. Lock it before
    calling logbuf

    ------

    APAR: IY32902 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ERROR REPORT ENTRY APPEARS IF NO GRAPHICS ADAPTER INSTALLED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Following error appears in error log:
    LABEL: GRAPHICS
    IDENTIFIER: E85C5C4C
    Date/Time: Wed Oct 17 13:30:57 CDT
    Sequence Number: 915
    Machine Id: 002008CA4C00
    Node Id: brandylp2
    Class: S
    Type: PERM
    Resource Name: STARTLFT
    Description
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM ERROR
    Probable Causes
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM
    Failure Causes
    SOFTWARE PROGRAM
            Recommended Actions
            IF PROBLEM CONTINUES TO OCCUR REPEATEDLY THEN
            DO THE FOLLOWING
            CONTACT APPROPRIATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
            REPORT DETAILED DATADetail Data
    DETECTED FAILED RC ERROR LOCATION
    startlft 0 1204 6

    LOCAL FIX:
    Uninstall the devices.graphics.com package.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    This problem is caused when devices.graphics.com is
    installed on the system, but there is no graphics
    adapter. An error report entry appears for "startlft",
    and appears each time the machine is rebooted or cfgmgr
    is run.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code which output the error report entry has been
    removed. The customer will no longer see this error
    report entry.

    ------

    APAR: IY32956 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: CORRECT THE DOC. FOR HOST COMMAND TO SPECIFY THE CORRECT SYNTAX.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Correct the doc. of host command to specify correct syntax.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    hostnew command doesn't display clear syntax.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Modified the host2.msg file to show the correct syntax.

    ------

    APAR: IY32964 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: SWTICH COULD NOT START DUE TO DIAG_FAIL AFTER NODE REBOOT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    tbic_reg_test_pci was reading a value it had written before
    the write had completed.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    tbic_reg_test_pci will allow time for the write to complete
    before cehcking the value that is written.

    ------

    APAR: IY32980 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: NISMKUSER MASTER LOOKUP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Duplicate users (by UID or username) can be created
    causing authentication failures.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Check for UID and username prior to creation with
    'niscat -M passwd.org_dir'.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Require that all checks be made with the master only for user
    information within the nismkuser command code.

    ------

    APAR: IY33009 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: LOADER LEAKS FILE POINTERS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Unsuccesful load attempts may not properly
    close shared libraries and object files.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * bos.mp 4.3.3.79
    * bos.mp 4.3.3.80
    * bos.mp 4.3.3.81
    * bos.mp 4.3.3.82
    * bos.mp 4.3.3.83
    * bos.mp 4.3.3.84
    * bos.up 4.3.3.79
    * bos.up 4.3.3.80
    * bos.up 4.3.3.81
    * bos.up 4.3.3.82
    * bos.up 4.3.3.83
    * bos.up 4.3.3.84
    *PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: *
    * Unsuccesful load attempts may not properly close
    * shared libraries and object files. User may not be
    * able to cleanly unmount filesystems.
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY33009

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add code to appropriately close files opened during failed
    loads.

    ------

    APAR: IY33024 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DB2START TRAPS DUE TO LOADBIND() PROBLEM.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Programs may abort due to bad addresses when accessing
    deferred resolution symbols.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Fix the conditional that is supposed to prevent multiple
    relocations of the same address.

    ------

    APAR: IY33028 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: RECREATEVG FAILS ON VG MADE WITH FLASHCOPY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    After using flashcopy to copy half of mirrored disks in a
    shark volume group, recreatevg fails to bring up the copy as
    a volume group on a backup system.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    After using flashcopy to copy half of mirrored disks in a
    shark volume group, recreatevg fails to bring up the copy
    as a volume group on a backup system.
    The error reported is:
    0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on
            because there are no good copies of the
            descriptor area.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Physical volume header handling code within
    recreatevg has been modified to properly walk
    through all pvs.

    ------

    APAR: IY33068 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: FIX SNAP TO GATHER SSA INFO FOR MANY DEVICES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Snap doesn't correctly gather information if there are
    many SSA devices.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Allow many entries by not using shell variable.

    ------

    APAR: IY33073 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: ADD SUPPORT FOR HACMP DATA IN SNAP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Add functionality to snap to collect HACMP information.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Add support for hacmp component in snap.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    -e option is added to snap command to collect
    hacmp snap data into /tmp/ibmsupt/hacmp directory.
    -m option is also added to snap command which can
    be used in conjunction with -e option to pass nodenames
     to snap command.

    ------

    APAR: IY33145 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SVMON -P AND -U FAILURES ON STRESSED SYSTEMS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    svmon -P and -U do not return any output

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    svmon -P or -U options can fail when the process
    table changes due to process exits during the
    lookup of segment information.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    svmon updated to not report on processes that
    exit during svmon collection phases.

    ------

    APAR: IY33157 COMPID: 5765D5101 REL: 121
    ABSTRACT: SUPPRESS ERROR MESSAGES FROM RSCT GROUP SERVICES APIS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When the RSCT group services API ha_gs_subscribe is called to
    subscribe to a group that does not exist, group services writes
    the following error messages to STDERR:
         2520-014 Provider token 0 does not exist.
    Subscribing to a non-existent group is not an error when the
    intent is to check if the group exists. In this case the error
    message is irrelevant and confusing if displayed on a terminal.
    The group services APIs provide return values to the caller
    to indicate the result, so writing to STDERR is unnecessary.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Group Services API prints an error message to stderr
    and returns the corresponding error code.
    The fix is to suppress the error message by default.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Group Services API is currently printing error messages
    to stderr, and also returning an error code
    when API can not properly process the requests.
    As such error messages are unnecessary and actually
    troublesome,
    they will be suppressed in default.
    They can be enabled by setting an environment variable
    before a Group Services API is called;
            export HA_GS_APIMSG=1

    ------

    APAR: IY33177 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: HACMP FAILOVER SLOW DUE TO LSVG -L PERFORMANCE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Performance of HACMP failover scripts is slow due to use of
    lsvg -l calls on large volume groups.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    HACMP failover commands both directly and indirectly
    call lsvg -l. On very large volume groups, the
    performance of this command may be quite slow and make
    the failover process take too long.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Performance improvement has been made to lsvg -l to
    prevent unnecessary disk queries which were negatively
    impacting the speed to the command.

    ------

    APAR: IY33218 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CLOSE AND UNCONFIG FOR RSDD_RSPC HAVE TIMING WINDOWS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When the unconfig is done, the call to i_clear is done
    without any lock. When the close is done, the unpin and
    call to i_clear both are done without any lock. This can
    lead to duplicate calls to i_clear or unpin both of which
    will assert the machine.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When the unconfig is done, the call to i_clear is done
    without any lock. When the close is done, the unpin and
    call to i_clear both are done without any lock. This can
    lead to duplicate calls to i_clear or unpin both of which
    will assert the machine.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is to add in a process level lock for each port
    that is gained and released around the call to the code that
    unpins the code and calls i_clear.

    ------

    APAR: IY33231 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CRONTAB COMMAND DOESN'T RETURN CORRECT ERROR CODE WHILE WRITING

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    crontab command doesnot check the proper return
    status of writing to stdout. This returns wrong exit
    status from crontab at situations when the file
    system is full.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    crontab command doesn't check the return status of
    writing to stdout.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Proper changes will be made to crontab to check
    the return status of writing to stdout, to make
    sure that correct exit status will be returned
    by crontab.

    ------

    APAR: IY33240 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: AUTOFS UNMOUNT PROCESS SPIN FIX

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The automount 'aump' process begins consuming excessive
    resources.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The aump kproc will consume excessive CPU resources. The
    process can not be killed, therefore a reboot is necessary.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The aump process will handle and clear signals that it
    recieves and continue functioning normally.

    ------

    APAR: IY33307 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SIGNALS ARE LOST IN SPURIOUR WAKEUPS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    A hang condition where all threads are now in sleep or wait.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The fix here is to remove the case statement which
    puts it back into the wait state - which then forces the
    application to be in complete standard compliance for the
    possibility of spurious wakeup.

    ------

    APAR: IY33309 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DBX MISHANDLES FORTRAN DYNAMIC ARRAYS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    dbx does not correctly display dynamically
    allocated arrays of character strings when
    debugging fortran programs.

    LOCAL FIX:
    use the $vardim dbx variable to tell dbx
    the size of each array element.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change the array descriptor parsing code to properly account
    for the element size of dynamically allocated arrays of
    multiple instance types (such as arrays of strings).

    ------

    APAR: IY33369 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSTEM CRASH IN PHXENTDD

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Customer will see the following stack trace in the system
    dump:
        MST STACK TRACE: 0xf0005360
        (excpt=08004500:40000000:00000000:08004500:00000106)
        (intpri=3)
                IAR: . phxentdd:tx_complete +194
                (01591c10): lwz r0,0x0(r5)
                LR: . phxentdd:tx_complete +214 (01591c90)
                f0521a20: . phxentdd:phxent_output +578 (0159333c)
                f0521a90: . if_en:en_output +564 (015a3538)
                f0521b20: . netinet:ip_output +ae0 (051ae714)
                f0521c00: . netinet:tcp_output +1a20 (051c8434)
                f0521d10: . netinet:tcp_usrreq +a04 (051c62bc)
                f0521d80: .sosend+d44 (000d71bc) f0521ed0:
                .send+134 (000dd140) f0521f60: .sys_call_ret+0
                (00003a90)

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    System crash in phxentdd requires driver fix.

    ------

    APAR: IY33416 COMPID: 5765D5101 REL: 121
    ABSTRACT: 384 WAY D/S:HAGSGLSM FAILED WHEN COULD NOT OPEN NEW

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    384 way D/S:hagsglsm failed when could not open new log file

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The current hags daemon will die when the log
    directory is full so that a new log file cannot be
    opened. Currently it will keep all possible
    hags daemon and hagsglsm daemon log files if
    the size doesn't exceed the limit. So in a system
    with many nodes the log directory will become
    full very quickly.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is that
    1. no matter if the directory is full only keep
      3 different kinds of incarnation log files for both
      hags daemon and hagsglsm daemon.
    2. If it cannot open a new log file the daemon
      will not die, it will mark it failed in opening
      a new log file and try again until a maximum
      number of times of trying is reached.

    ------

    APAR: IY33436 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: FTP CLIENT ON PC DOESN'T WORK WITH AIX FTP SERVER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The ftp client on a PC aborts when doing a 'ls'.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The ftp client on a PC aborts when doing a 'ls'.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    For performance reasons, defect 323612 turned on Nagle
    (remove TCP_NODELAY) from the data connection and turned off
    Nagle (add TCP_NODELAY) to the control connection. It seems
    certain PC's can't handle this. Therefore I will add the
    'B' (for BULL) option to ftpd to get ftpd to use pre-323612
    behaviour.

    ------

    APAR: IY33441 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: RESTVG FAILS WITH TAPE BLOCK SIZE SET TO VARIABLE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Restoring a user vg using the restvg command
    could fail if the block size of the device
    is set to a variable size (0).
    One error seen, indicates that the image.data file
    does not exist but the error is misleading and is
    caused by an unsuccessful restore of the image.dat
    file. This is the error displayed:
    0512-025 restvg: The image data file does not exist.
    Restore of Volume Group canceled.
    The error could also indicate an out of space condition
    that is not real.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    If a volume group backup is done to tape with variable block
    size the restore (restvg) will fail.
    0512-025 restvg: The image data file does not exist.
    Restore of Volume Group canceled.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code has been modified to change
    the block size to the largest
    possible block size.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    none, do not make backup with variable
    block size.

    ------

    APAR: IY33464 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: XSERVER HANG WHEN USING -BS X OPTION AND EASYCOPY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Xserver is started with -bs option, which can be done
    via xinit -- -bs, or via modification of xserverrc
    to add bs option. A screen capture utility called
    easycopy causes the X server to hang when used to
    do a screen grab of 3d application Catia.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Xserver is started with -bs option, which can be done
    via xinit -- -bs, or via modification of xserverrc
    to add bs option. A screen capture utility called
    easycopy causes the X server to hang when used to
    do a screen grab of 3d application Catia.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change logic in mibstore.c to "punt" if depth of parent
    window does not match.

    ------

    APAR: IY33474 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: INCORRECT LC_NUMERIC ENTRY FOR SV_SE LOCALE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    LC_NUMERIC entry for decimal_point has incorrect value for
    sv_SE locale.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Customer can modify source file for sv_SE locale and generate
    an updated locale.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Correct the entry in LC_NUMERIC stanza for decimal_point from
    fullstop to comma.

    ------

    APAR: IY33491 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PTY HAS DEADLOCK IN TELNETD SETUP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    There is a deadlock that can happen when telnetd tries to
    enter the special telnet mode of the pty. There is a sequence
    of ioctls that must be sent down but if the queue has data
    on them, the ioctls wait until they get to the top of the
    queue. Yet the only process that can drain the queue is
    telnetd. As a result, the ioctl's hang forever.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    There is a deadlock that can happen when telnetd tries to
    enter the special telnet mode of the pty. There is a sequence
    of ioctls that must be sent down but if the queue has data
    on them, the ioctls wait until they get to the top of the
    queue. Yet the only process that can drain the queue is
    telnetd. As a result, the ioctl's hang forever.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is ensure that the ioctl is process in a timely
    manner.

    ------

    APAR: IY33532 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CNSDD PRODUCES UNUSABLE DATA STREAM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When an iocack message from the 7318 is split into seperate
    messages and only the header has been received thus far,
    then cnsdd produces an empty message block with the iocack
    and send it up stream. This causes ctsdd to use data that
    is not present and can cause data corruption or a panic.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When an iocack message from the 7318 is split into seperate
    messages and only the header has been received thus far,
    then cnsdd produces an empty message block with the iocack
    and send it up stream. This causes ctsdd to use data that
    is not present and can cause data corruption or a panic.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is to kick back to the calling routine with a
    return code such that it will wait for the next packet to
    arrive and then retry the disassembly of the messages into the
    encapsulated message.

    ------

    APAR: IY33559 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: IOCP CAN CAUSE CRASH

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The system can crash in iocp in iocp_process_pending_io.
    This is caused by a request being removed but still
    being attached to a work list.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The system can crash in iocp in iocp_process_pending_io.
    This is caused by a request being removed but still
    being attached to a work list.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is to check the work queue to see if the request
    is on there and remove it if it is found.

    ------

    APAR: IY33604 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GRAB PROBLEM IN MENUSHELL.C

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    focus grab problem with Motif 2.1 MenuShell

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Motif 2.1 menus may have trouble grabbing keyboard or mouse
    focus.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Backport fix from AIX 5.0 (Motif 2.1.30).

    ------

    APAR: IY33613 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: MODEL 850 FAILS TO CONFIGURE ISA IDE CDROM DRIVE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Customers will not be able to boot the latest AIX 4.3.3 from
    the IDE cdrom on a 850/830 machine.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    a file that was linked incorrectly in the build tree. Fix the
    link will solve the problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY33619 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: XMSCALE VALUE INVISIBLE IN JA_JP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    In multibyte locales, the slider value of an XmScale widget may
    not be visible.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The value of an XmScale widget may not be visible in a
    locale which uses multibyte characters.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Motif 2.1 code fix.

    ------

    APAR: IY33622 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: MOVE UPDATE_ALL TO RUN PRIOR TO CFGMGR TO AVOID CLONING ISSUES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    After cloning a system backup, there may be missing
    device support. The cfgmgr -i call is failing due to:
    A base level fileset can not be installed as a requisite of
    another fileset when a lower level of the requisite is already
    installed.
    Other symptoms may also occur.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Clone with media at the same level as mksysb.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    After cloning a system backup, there may be missing
    device support. The cfgmgr -i call is failing due to:
    A base level fileset can not be installed as a requisite of
    another fileset when a lower level of the requisite is already
    installed
    Other symptoms may also occur.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code has been changed to update the system
    after the mksysb image has been restored, and
    again at the end of all other installs
    for the cloning of the mksysb.
    This fix will only be available as a service fix.
    In order to use this fix the user must use NIM
    to install the client system and must update the
    SPOT to contain this fix.

    ------

    APAR: IY33623 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: MKSYSB FAILS TO INSTALL ON LARGER DISK

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Cloning mksysb installs from a source system
    with small disks to a target system with large
    disks may fail.

    LOCAL FIX:
    install onto a smaller disk

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Cloning mksysb installs from a source system
    with small disks to a target system with large disks
    may fail.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code has been changed to determine the TFACTOR
    necessary to use the given PP size, and
    use the provided PP size, only if this TFACTOR was
    also given.

    ------

    APAR: IY33662 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PTY SERVICE ROUTINE INCORRECTLY DOES PUTQ ON HIGH PRI MESSAGE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The pty write service routines improperly check for canput
    with a high priority message and put the message back
    on the same queue if the canput returns false. With high
    priority messages, the message must be forwarded no matter
    what the flow control state is.
    This can cause an infinate loop of streams calling the
    service routine which can ultimately hang the system.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The pty write service routines improperly check for canput
    with a high priority message and put the message back on the
    same queue if the canput returns false. With high priority
    messages, the message must be forwarded no matter what the
    flow control state is.
    This can cause an infinate loop of streams calling the service
    routine which can ultimately hang the system.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is to forward all high priority messages.

    ------

    APAR: IY33680 COMPID: 5765E5400 REL: 440
    ABSTRACT: HAES: ENABLE LOG MESSAGES FOR NXN MIGRATIONS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    During node by node migration, there is progress information
    that can be logged which would help diagnose any failures.
    This logging is turned off by default.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Turn on the node by node logging information as a default.

    ------

    APAR: IY33683 COMPID: 5765E5400 REL: 440
    ABSTRACT: CORRECTLY RECOGNIZE FASTT DISKS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    HACMP commands to reset reserves on a FAStT may not be
    appropriate for OEM versions of this device, causing disk
    takeover to fail.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Check the lscfg information on the disk to see if it has the
    IBM microcode. If not, treat it as a generic disk.

    ------

    APAR: IY33708 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSLOGD DOES NOT SEND MESSAGES TO THE USER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Customer installed bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.83
    on the system and paid attention that syslogd
    not sending messages to the user as configured
    but sending them to the file.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    After ML10 syslogd messages are not getting printed on user
    screen, even if syslogd is configured to do so.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    There was a string manipulation problem, because of which
    the user part in /etc/syslog.conf was ignored. Fixed
    the problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY33746 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CRASH IN IN_CKSUM() WHEN PMTU ENABLED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When PMTU is enabled, system can crash in in_cksum routine.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Disable pmtu discovery

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    pmtuest is used to calculate the mbuf size required and this
    value is protected by the IPPMTU_LOCK. We release it once in
    the code and don't check the value of pmtuest after
    acquiring the lock back. Verify the pmtuest value after
    getting lock and exit if it is zero.

    ------

    APAR: IY33766 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSTEM CRASH IN UNP_DISCONNECT()

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    System crash in unp_disconnect() due to mismatch in Unix domain
    PCB pointers. When we call socket calls on unix sockets like
    closing the socket or redeaing from the socket, we are
    completely depending on the socket lock. We are acquiring this
    socket lock in socket functions before calling uipc_usrreq().
    Due to some unaviodable circumstances, we will release this
    sockect lock in unp_detach() and unp_connect() and acquire it
    back. Once we release the lock the socket is free to anyone and
    they can acquire this lock and may alter the current values of
    the socket resulting in system crash.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    System crash in unp_disconnect() due to mismatch in Unix domain
    PCB pointers. This problem occurs very rarely, when
    applications call syslog extensively. Here is the stack trace
    MST STACK TRACE: 0x2ff3b400
    (excpt=00000000:0a000000:00000000:00000000:00000106)
    (intpri=11) IAR: .simple_lock+14 (00009514): stwcx.
    r6,r0,r3
             LR: .unp_disconnect+6c (000c84bc) 2ff3b0d0:
             .unp_detach+130 (000c82c8) 2ff3b120: .uipc_usrreq+1ac
             (000c7838) 2ff3b180: .soclose+540 (000d85cc) 2ff3b1f0:
             .soo_close+7c (000d8038) 2ff3b240: .closef+7c
             (001db048) 2ff3b290: .closefd+90 (001a4468) 2ff3b2f0:
             .fs_exit+54 (001e88b0) 2ff3b340: .kexitx+3f0
             (00041760) 2ff3b3c0: .kexit+7c (0006d1f8)

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    unp_detach() calls bsdlog_unreg() to assign NULL to log_so
    pointer for server related calles. We are releasing the
    Socket lock during this time to avoid deadlock with
    UNPMISC_LOCK() for both client and server. This fix will
    release the lock only for the server and thus avoids
    unnecessary release of socket lock during client calls.

    ------

    APAR: IY33779 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: MAKE NOT GIVING ERROR WHEN SOURCE FILES REQUIRED FOR ARCHIVES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The make command does not give an error when a dependent
    source file of an archive does not exist and the archive
    cannot be built.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Make will not give error when a required source
    file does not exist for an archive.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The problem was fixed with code changes to
    the make command.

    ------

    APAR: IY33782 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: IFCONFIG GIVES ERROR MESSAGES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The Apar IY28977 intgroduced the ioctl SIOUPDROUTE. This apar
    requires that bos.net.tcp.client, bos.adt.include and
    bos.mp/up to be shipped together. But when customer downloads
    bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.83, it does not prereq 4.3.3.83
    levels of bos.adt.include and bos.mp/up. This may result in
    hang with ifconfig command.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Install same levels of bos.adt.include and bos.mp/up along with
    bos.net.tcp.client while applying apar IY28977

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    ifconfig gives error message after applying:
     43: bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.83
     51: bos.net.tcp.client 5.1.0.26
    This is because changes due to IY28977 (43) or
    IY30046 (51) shipped to multiple filesets, and the
    required requisites weren't specified.
    Workaround:
     43: install all the fixes for IY28977 (bos.up
      4.3.3.83 or bos.mp 4.3.3.83 and bos.adt.include
      4.3.3.83)
     51: install all the fixes for IY30046 (bos.up
      5.1.0.26 or bos.mp 5.1.0.26 or bos.mp64
      5.1.0.26 and bos.adt.include 5.1.0.26)

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add the needed requisites to the next filesets.

    ------

    APAR: IY33816 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: APAR_ABSTRACT: NODE UNRESPONSIVE AFTER X.25 ADAPTER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    On an SNA END_NODE that has an active SNA link station
    connected to an SNA NETWORK_NODE, which is running over QLLC
    and an active X.25 network, the X.25 adapter is disconnected
    from the X.25 network. Approximately 20 seconds later, the
    node that was disconnected from the network becomes completely
    non-responsive to terminal input.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    replace malloc's ipri save areas with stack vatriables.

    ------

    APAR: IY33817 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: QLLC CRASH - QPM_EXCEPTION_FUNCTION+0002F4

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Crash running CS/AIX V6 Router (64 bit) over X.25 network
    qpm_exception_function+0002F4
    xdh_pass_on_stat+000194
    CioScheduleDone+00011C
    CioScheduleRun+000524
    CioScheduleDone+000240
    cio_lrput+0007CC
    csq_run+0002B0
    csq_turnover+000278
    csq_lateral+000104
    scheduled_run+0000D0
    Netintr+000140
    netisr_thread+000014
    threadentry+000014

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add additional locking between X.25 Comio exception handler
    and the QLLC kernel service process.

    ------

    APAR: IY33843 COMPID: 5765E5400 REL: 450
    ABSTRACT: REQUIRED CHANGES FOR HAGEO 2.4 SUPPORT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    1. HACMP fails to recognize the site names
    2. FS mount on remote site hangs
    3. Error in cluster verification

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    1. When a resource sync and verification is done after
    migrating from HAGEO 2.3 to 2.4, filesystem and application
    server errors will be generated due to site names in the
    resource group node list and the absence of a GEOsite odm
    class.
    The verify routines will check the HACMP site class for a
    match on the names in the RG nodelist and skip that
    verification step if they are the same.
    2. When processing a failover on a cluster with gmd's and
    filesystems, the mount command will hang on the recovery
    node.
    mount command is being called before gmddown (which tells
    the gmd's to stop mirroring). mount should be called
    after gmddown.
    3. clverify performs a filesystem consistency check by
    testing for the availability of the filesystem on every
    node in the resource group which contains the filesystem.
    This check is not appropriate for filesystems which are
    mounted over Geographic Mirror Devices (GMD's).

    ------

    APAR: IY33855 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: RH3 MPV:MISSING PART NUMBER FOR TB3 PCI ADAPTER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    rh3 mpv:missing part number for tb3 pci adapter

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    VPD for pci adapter is not available for diagnostic
    controller to pick up.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Get vpd data from adapter and save it in CuVPD during card
    config. Now, when a problem is detected while running
    diagnostics, Diagnostic Controller will get FRU from CuVPD
    and report the problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY33856 COMPID: 5765B9501 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: INVALIDATE DISKS WHEN MMADDISK FAILS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    invalidate disks when mmaddisk fails

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When adding new disks, it needs to add new segments to
    allocation map. If there is no space left for the new
    segments it stops. But after freeing space, the retry of the
     mmadddisk says "Are you sure, these disks appear to be in
    use", so need to use the -v no option on mmadddisk to
    override the check.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    When completeDeleteDisks find disks that were being added
    (but add failed), it needs to have changeDiskStates
    invalidate the disk and SG descriptors when it changes the
    state to BeingDeletedFromAllocMap so that the disks do not
    look like they belong to a SG anymore.

    ------

    APAR: IY33880 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PCI 10/100 ETHERNET II CANNOT RECEIVE SHORT 802.3 PACKETS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Small receive packets are not accepted by the 10/100 ethernet
    device driver when running IEEE 802.3.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The driver code has been corrected to insure that the small
    IEEE 802.3 packet is accepted and passed up.

    ------

    APAR: IY33890 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: RAS IMPROVEMENT FOR IBM PCI 10/100 ETHERNET ADAPTER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    In the start adapter function there is a 100ms delay. This
    delay breaks customer's setsocket program with the option
    IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    In the start adapter function there is a 100ms delay. This
    delay breaks customer's setsocket program with the option
    IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Introduce a ras_improvement attribute to allow the customer
    reduce the delay time to 2ms

    ------

    APAR: IY33920 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: XTERM/NUM LOCK ON AIXCLIENTS TO LINUX XSERVER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Customer says that when he exports DISPLAY from his AIX box to
    Linux
     system, it opens an xterm window, but when he tries to input
     anything from the keyboard in that window, it doesn't accept
    any text. It accepts
     mouse movement. Even when he exports Netscape he gets the same
     problem. He is experiencing a similar problem on a windows
     box running exceed.

    LOCAL FIX:
    define num_lock to Mod2.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Customer says that when he exports DISPLAY from his AIX box to
    Linux
    system, it opens an xterm window, but when he tries to input
    anything from the keyboard in that window, it doesn't accept
    any text. It accepts
    mouse movement. Even when he exports Netscape he gets the same
    problem. He is experiencing a similar problem on a windows
    box running exceed.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    define num_lock into Mod2

    ------

    APAR: IY33926 COMPID: 5765D5101 REL: 121
    ABSTRACT: HAGSGLSM DOES NOT CLOSE CSS DEVICE AFTER ATTEMPTING TO OPEN CAUS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    hagsglsm opens css device to check it's status, however, it
    does not close it. this can result in a problem if enough
    opens have been issued causing it to hit the max opens that
    can be at one time (this looks to be around 2000).
    This can cause hagsglsm to hang and result in hags groups not
    forming. Recycling hags/hagsglsm will solve the problem.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    HAGSGLSM opens the switch device (e.g., /dev/css0)
    to get the device number. However, HAGSGLSM mistakenly
    did not close the file descriptor.
    Because of that, the number of used file descriptors
    keeps increasing whenever HAGSGLSM tries to open
    a device, and eventually hits the max possible
    number of file descriptors per process.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    HAGSGLSM opens the switch device (e.g., /dev/css0)
    to get the device number. However, HAGSGLSM mistakenly
    did not close the file descriptor.
    The fix is to make sure to close the file descriptor
    after opening a switch device, to keep the number
    of open file descriptors low.

    ------

    APAR: IY33934 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: ASYNC GMD FILESYSTEM NOT MOUNTED AFTER FAILOVER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    filesystem created on async GMD not mounted after site failover

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Asynchronous GeoMirror devices may be processed incorrectly
    at the secondary site when multiple node_down events are
    processed in quick succession. This problem affects only
    HAGEO 2.3 configurations with HACMP Classic. This is not a
    problem for configurations which use HACMP/ES.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Some processing of asynchronous GeoMirror devices occurs
    during the node_down_complete event. The problem is that
    HACMP Classic processes node_down_complete events
    asynchronously. If two nodes leave the HACMP cluster at the
    same time, the node_down event processing for the second node
    may execute while the node_down_complete event processing
    for the first node is still running. This causes asynchronous
    GeoMirror devices to be processed incorrectly. The solution
    is to synchronize node_down and node_up event processing to
    run after node_down_complete processing for the previous
    node has completed.

    ------

    APAR: IY33942 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SORECEIVE() CAN LOSE DATA WHEN CALLED FROM KERNEL USERS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Encountered problem with XTI library
    where t_rcv() function is missing packets.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Due to a race condition in soreceive(), protocols over xtiso
    may see data/packet loss.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    *mp to point to &(*mp)->m_next, so that next time through the
    loop we don't copy data into *mp. Thereby the original data
    will be retained.

    ------

    APAR: IY34004 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CSH BUILTIN COMMAND JOBS GIVES UNEXPECTED OUTPUT WITH PIPES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The jobs builtin command in csh gives incorrect output
    when piped to another process.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    csh jobs builtin does not give any output when piped
    to another process

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The jobs builtin function in csh does not give any output
    when piped to another process

    ------

    APAR: IY34018 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CORE DUMP WHILE USING TELNET CLIENT WITH VT100 TERM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Core dump while using telnet client with VT100 terminal
    due to buffer overflow in cmdprintf() in telnet.c.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Core dump while using telnet client with VT100 terminal
    due to buffer overflow in cmdprintf() in telnet.c.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    So not set term to VT100.

    ------

    APAR: IY34026 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SEG FAULT IN RIGHTMOST+0X8 USING -BS X-SERVER OPTION

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When backing store feature of the X server is
    used (which can be enabled via -bs option on
    xinit), a Seg Fault in rightmost+0x8 can
    occur intermittently.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When backing store feature of the X server is
    used (which can be enabled via -bs option on
    xinit), a Seg Fault in rightmost+0x8 can
    occur intermittently.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Initialize pointers to null. In some error paths, pointers
    that were never used previously where the targets of free's.

    ------

    APAR: IY34044 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: POSSIBLE SP SYSTEM ATTACHMENT ADAPTER DATA ERROR

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    switches want to autojn on 3 nodes

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    It is possible for a data error to occur when
    data is transferred between systems interconnected by an
    SP Switch using the SP System Attachment Adapter
    (SPSAA server feature code # 8396).

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The timing logic in the xilinx_file3pci that
    is loaded on the SP System Attach Adapter (SPSAA, service
    Feature code #8396) has been adjusted to address this
    problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY34056 COMPID: 5765E6110 REL: 220
[...]

    APAR: IY34074 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: GEO_CHFS: 0516-306, 0516-992, 0516-602, 0516-610, 506-390

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    IN hageo 2.3 environment issuing:
    geo_chfs -a size=+<some number> receive many errors:
    0516-306 getlvodm Unable to find <nodename> in Device config. db
    0516-992 lsvg: Illegal combination of command line options.
    expr 0402_050 syntax error
    0516-610 extendlv : Number of logical partitions not entered

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When a GMD is defined using the = metacharacter for
    the logical volume device name of the remote node,
    invocations of geo_chfs and geo_extendgmd will fail
    with a series of syntax and failed command messages.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    geo_extendgmd has been modified to correctly process
    a remote logical volume name that has been specified by "=".

    ------

    APAR: IY34085 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: _KGRANTPT CREATES COPY OF CREDS, NOT JUST A REF

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The _kgrantpt and and pty_setname routines make a copy of the
    credentials structure unnecessarily.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Remove the code which makes a copy of the credentials
    structure.

    ------

    APAR: IY34112 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DEADLOCK - IP_FREEMOPTIONS CALLED WITH SOCKET_LOCK

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Deadlock situation can happen and system will hang.
    ip_freemoptions is called with socket_lock which in turn
    calls in_delmulti with the socket_lock.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.51cket as it was done before.
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.53
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.54
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.55
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.75
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.76
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.77
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.78
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.79
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.80
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.81
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.82
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.83
    * bos.net.tcp.client 4.3.3.84
    *PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: *
    * Unlock the socket before calling ip_freemoptions().
    * Only thing ip_freemoptions does is call in_delmulti
    * and in_delmulti should never be called with a socket
    * lock. So, it is safe to unlock the socket as it was
    * done before.
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY34112

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Unlock the socket before calling ip_freemoptions(). Only
    thing ip_freemoptions does is call in_delmulti and
    in_delmulti should never be called with a socket lock.
    So, it is safe to unlock the socket as it was done before.

    ------

    APAR: IY34169 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CATIAV4 CRASHES THE SYSTEM WHEN CLOSING MODEL

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Multi-threaded programs or libraries large enough to use the
    loader overflow segment will crash the system.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Loader environment initialized before processing the
    pthreads stikylib request.

    ------

    APAR: IY34194 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: POSSIBLE BUFFER OVERFLOW IN XDR CODE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Buffer overflow in the XDR (external data representation)
    libraries. See CERT advisory CA-2002-25 for details.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Buffer overflow in the XDR (external data representation)
    libraries. See CERT advisory CA-2002-25 for details.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    check the number of elements for an overflow condition.

    ------

    APAR: IY34204 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: MEMORY LEAK IN FTPD CODE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Memory leak problem with ftpd

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Memory leak problem with ftpd

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    In ftpd code, we see some memory allocations being done, which
    are not freed later. These memory allocations need to be
    freed at the end of routines.

    ------

    APAR: IY34224 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ADD TRACE HOOKS TO PTY CODE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Add better trace hooks to the pty code.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Added standard tty trace hooks.

    ------

    APAR: IY34225 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PCI 10/100 ETHERNET: ADDITIONAL CHOSEN_NETWORK_TYPE SUPPORT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    NIM install support for new system firmware.

    ------

    APAR: IY34249 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: PS REPORTS WRONG SZ/RSS VALUE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    "ps" command some time display incorrect SZ/RSS
    value. Above problem is because of wrong value
    in the proc structure. "ps" commands reads proc
    structure to report SZ/RSS value.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code which updates the proc structure was modified to
    correct the problem

    ------

    APAR: IY34255 COMPID: 5765E6110 REL: 220
[...]

    APAR: IY34259 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 311
    ABSTRACT: POSSIBLE SP SYSTEM ATTACHMENT ADAPTER DATA ERROR

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Possible SP System Attachment Adapter Data Error

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    It is possible for a data error to occur when
    data is transferred between systems interconnected by an
    SP Switch using the SP System Attachment Adapter
    (SPSAA server feature code # 8396).

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The timing logic in the xilinx_file3pci
    that is loaded on the SP System Attach Adapter (SPSAA,
    service Feature code # 8396) has been adjusted to address
    this problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY34260 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 340
    ABSTRACT: POSSIBLE SP SYSTEM ATTACHMENT ADAPTER DATA ERROR

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Possible SP System Attachment Adapter Data Error

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    It is possible for a data error to occur when data
    is transferred between systems interconnected by an
    SP Switch using the SP System Attachment Adapter
    (SPSAA server feature code # 8396).

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The timing logic in the xilinx_file3pci that is loaded
    on to the SP System Attach Adapter (SPSAA, service
    Feature code # 8396) has been adjusted to address this
    problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY34299 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ICONV() CAN RETURN EBADF IN MULTITHREADED ENVIRONMENT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When using the iconv() subroutine in a multithreaded
    application, the routine will intermittently
    fail returning the return code EBADF.
    This is an issue regarding timing and threads,
    so it only occurs once in several thousand
    attempts...

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When using the iconv() subroutine in a multithreaded
    application, the routine will intermittently
    fail returning the return code EBADF.
    This is an issue regarding timing and threads,
    so it only occurs once in several thousand
    attempts...

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Modify iconv library to use thread safe error
    numbers, and recompile iconv converters in
    thread safe fashion.

    ------

    APAR: IY34307 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: LIBPERFSTAT DISK ERROR/MEMORY LEAK

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ers of libperfstat.a disk API function will
    experience a memory leak when consumers run
    as root.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Users of the libperfstat disk
    API may experience a memory
    leak when consumers are run
    as root

    ------

    APAR: IY34344 COMPID: 5765B9501 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: NODE PANICKED WITH MMFLUSHSEG AND MMAP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    node panicked with mmflushseg and mmap

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    GPFS panicked a node while running mmap'd
    programs in a system with a heavy paging load.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Don't use GP_TO_GNP to convert gnode
    pointer to gpfsNode_t under disable_lock since the gnode might
    be paged out.

    ------

    APAR: IY34349 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: FIFO CAN LOSE DATA WHEN CLOSED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Writes of less than 32K to FIFO devices can be lost

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    FIFO devices can lose data when closed

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Force FIFO devices to wait for reads to
    complete before closing

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    Use writes >32K

    ------

    APAR: IY34370 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PIODIGEST MIGHT FAIL WHEN CREATING POSTSCRIPT QUEUES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    In rare instances where the file /usr/lib/ps/fontmap is
    excessively large, piodigest might fail when a user is
    adding postscript print queues.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Examine /usr/lib/ps/fontmap file to see if there
    are font name repetitions.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    In instances where the fontmap file is larger than expected
    in /usr/lib/ps, piodigest might fail when creating new PS print
    queues.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    piodigest has been fixed so it will be able to handle the
    larger number of font definitions

    ------

    APAR: IY34409 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ICONV BUFFERING PROBLEMS WITH UTF-8 CONVERSIONS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When iconv() converts data from UTF-8 to UCS-2 and
    doesn't have enough room in the output buffer, the
    resulting position of the input buffer pointer is
    incorrect ( i.e. advanced one character too far ).
    As a result, other conversions that depend on this
    conversion as an intermediate step, such as
    iconv from UTF-8 to just about anything via
    Universal_UCS_Conv converter, may produce incorrect
    results with certain buffer sizes.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When iconv() converts data from UTF-8 to UCS-2 and
    doesn't have enough room in the output buffer, the
    resulting position of the input buffer pointer is
    incorrect ( i.e. advanced one character too far ).
    As a result, other conversions that depend on this
    conversion as an intermediate step, such as
    iconv from UTF-8 to just about anything via
    Universal_UCS_Conv converter, may produce incorrect
    results with certain buffer sizes.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Modify UTF-8 to UCS-2 iconv() converter so that it doesn't
    advance the input buffer pointer when the output buffer
    is not large enough to contain the result.

    ------

    APAR: IY34447 COMPID: 5765E5400 REL: 450
    ABSTRACT: HACMP 4.5.0.2 MEDIA REFRESH BASE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    HACMP 4.5.0.2 Media Rrefresh Base

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    HACMP 4.5.0.2 Media Refresh Base

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    HACMP 4.5.0.2 Media Refresh Base

    ------

    APAR: IY34489 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: VPATH_RESV_CFLICT ERROR WHEN CREATING MKSYSB ON ESS W/SDD

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When creating a mksysb on ESS with SDD, the
    command mkszfile will try to query disks
    that belong to a VPATH. This will cause an
    error to be logged into the error log.
    VPATH_RESV_CFLICT error.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Ignore the error.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When mkszfile runs on systems with ESS
    running SDD, errors are generated because mkszfile
    queries these disks.
    This causes reports and callouts to investigate
    a possible error condition.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code was changed to not query volume groups
    that are not autovaryon. These kinds of
    volume groups fall into this state. The reason
    we are querying volume groups is so that we can
    autovaryon at boot time after install, therefore
    there is no reason to query volume groups
    that are not autovaryon.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    None, just ignore messages as there is not
    a problem, it is just informational.

    ------

    APAR: IY34493 COMPID: 5765E88AP REL: 130
    ABSTRACT: CSM FOR AIX INITIAL SUPPORT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    csm for aix initial support

    ------

    APAR: IY34576 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: ADDITIONAL CHOSEN_NETWORK_TYPE SUPPORT FOR GIGABIT ETHERNET

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    NIM installs fail on Gigabit ethernet when
    latest system firmware is installed.

    LOCAL FIX:

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    System firmware was changed to support additional
    chosen_network_type fields for bootable LAN
    adapters. This change also requires an updated
    cfggxent config method for the gigabit ethernet
    adapter device driver. Without this updated
    config method, the NIM installs may fail.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    An updated cfggxent config method was created
    which supports the new chosen_network_type
    fields generated by the new system firmware.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    Do not update systems to the latest level of
    system firmware.

    ------

    APAR: IY34577 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PCI 10/100 ETHERNET: ADDITIONAL CHOSEN_NETWORK_TYPE SUPPORT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    NIM install support for new system firmware.

    ------

    APAR: IY34590 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: BROKEN FILESETS FOUND RUNNING SMITTY REJECT "ALL" UNABLE TO REJ

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Attempting to reject applied filesets on a system restored
    from a tape created with mksysb, results in broken filesets
    due to an error of the form:
    3001-008 /dev/rhdisk0 appears in the entries for files
            /dev/ipldevice and /dev/rhdisk0.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    In a tcb enabled system that has been restored from mksysb,
    the result of rejecting filesets could lead to multiple
    filesets left in a BROKEN state.
    To determine if a system could have this problem the user can
    run the command: tcbck -n /dev/ipldevice
    If the result from that command is ANYTHING OTHER than
    3001-047 There is no matching file entry for /dev/ipldevice.
    then the problem could happen.
    The PTF delivered by this APAR should be applied and
    committed to ensure that it is not accidentally rejected.
    If this happens, the problem could show up again.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    For a system that already has the problem, the user could
    try to reinstall the broken filesets with the options of
    APPLY, COMMIT, NOSAVE (not saving old data).

    ------

    APAR: IY34591 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: INETD.CONF CHANGES IF SOME SCRIPT CALLS RC.NET DURING REBOOT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    If some script calls rc.net during reboots, inetd.conf
    file will get modified. Even though authentication methods
    were not modified, if a script calls rc.net internally,
    the 'shell' and 'login' lines of /etc/inetd.conf file will
    get uncommented.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Comment out 'shell' and 'login' each time a script calls
    rc.net.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    While reconfiguring inet0 device (from cfginet), if
    authm has only the default value (std AIX), do
    not call chauthent.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    Comment out shell and login lines of inetd.conf file
    manually each time after reboot

    ------

    APAR: IY34595 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: FILE ACCESSES HANG IF AUTOMOUNTD IS KILLED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    File accesses hang if automountd is killed or cored

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    if autofs gets an error while trying to talk to autofs daemon,
    it'll check to see if the daemon that it's talking to die and
    there is a new daemon running. If there is then it'll retry
    with a new connection to the new daemon else it'll print out
    a message and fall back to the old behavior.

    ------

    APAR: IY34597 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: KERNEL CRASH DURING CONFIG OF IBM CRYPTOGRAPHIC ACCELERATOR

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Kernel crash during configuration of the IBM Cryptographic
    Accelerator (devices.pci.1410e601). The kernel thread stack
    at the time of the error shows the following:
     00003EC0 .sc_debug_fixup+000030 ()
     0000379C sc_trace_end_point+00000C ()
     10001088 query_vpd+000090 (??, ??, ??, ??)
     1000079C main+00049C (??, ??, ??)
     10000188 __start+000088 ()

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Install the latest update to the IBM Cryptographic Accelerator
    ( devices.pci.1410e601.rte ) device driver.

    ------

    APAR: IY34598 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DISABLE GB ETHERNET CHECKSUM OFFLOAD FOR IMPROVED PERFORMANCE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Customer may experience degraded throughput since checksum
    offload requires adapter resources.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Introduce an ODM attribute, checksum_offload, which allows
    the user to completely disable checksum offload on the
    adapter.

    ------

    APAR: IY34601 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: TIMING BUG CAUSES MACHINE TO CRASH WITH IFCONFIG DETACH

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The tfree is issued without prior checkx for a pending timer
    call. This could cause the machine to crash with
    ifconfig detach.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add code to stop the timer object to make sure that there is
    no timer call pending before free it.

    ------

    APAR: IY34607 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ROUTING TABLE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED, WHEN AN IP ADDRESS IS DELET

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When we change/delete an ip address the routing table will
    not be updated to reflect the changed address.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When we change/delete an ip address the routing table will
    not be updated to reflect the changed address.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Added a function to update the routing table, when an ip
    address is changed/deleted.

    ------

    APAR: IY34613 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: LABELS NOT CORRECT ON DESCRIPTION OF ETHERCHANNEL ON WEBSM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Mislabelled fields in the menus.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change index numbers in the file (adapter.pseudo.ibm_ech.add)
    that populates PdAt for
            uniquetype = "adapter/pseudo/ibm_ech"
            nls_index = 70 & nls_index = 71
    Swapping the index numbers for the two stanzas results
    in swapping the labels on the two mislabelled fields.

    ------

    APAR: IY34617 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: INSECURE TEMPORARY FILE CREATED BY DUMP_SMUTIL.SH

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Insecure temporary file created.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Prevent symlink exposure.

    ------

    APAR: IY34620 COMPID: 5765D9300 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: _GETODMNN MAY CORRUPT MEMORY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    _getodmnn may corrupt memory

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    During MPI_Init(), odm_set_path() is called for gathering
    info from ODM database. The returned memory pointer is kept
    in a variable for memory releasing. The variable was not
    initialized and the validity of its value was not checked
    before it being used in memory freeing. If ODM function
    calls fail for some reason, invalid memory pointer could be
    used in the memory freeing and cause memory corruption.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Initialize the variable to NULL and check whether memory is
    allocated before it is freed.

    ------

    APAR: IY34624 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ATM CONNECTION WON'T RECOVER AFTER CABLE RECONNECTED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Signalling does not restart when the fiber is disconnected
    and reconnected from the card.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The signaling daemon is ignore the request from call manger
    on the restart. Process the request being sent by call
    manager.

    ------

    APAR: IY34626 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ADD NEW IOCTL IN ATMCM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The ATM signalling code needs to know the exact number
    of vci that the adapter supports.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add a new ioctl in atmcm.

    ------

    APAR: IY34627 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ATMSVCDS CHILDREN REPEATEDLY CORE DUMP DURING STARTUP.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    atmsvcd's children repeatedly core dump because the value
    returned for max_calls is not stored in the ILMI.cfg
    structure.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Store the value returned for max_calls in the ILMI.cfg
    structure.

    ------

    APAR: IY34628 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DSIS WITH CRASHDUMPS SIZE ZERO OR NO CRASHDUMP TAKEN

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    It is possible for the system to not get a dump if
    we get multiple exceptions nearly simultaneously,
    on CPUs disabled to INTMAX.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Don't grab the rtas_lock if dumping from the pal.

    ------

    APAR: IY34630 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CHMOD WITH G+T AND O+T DOES NOT RETURN RC>0

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The chmod command when used with "o+t" and "g+t"
    options, does not set the sticky bit, but returns
    rc = 0. Instead, the rc must be greater than 0.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Suitable code changes are done so that chmod
    with "g+t" and "o+t" returns rc > 0.

    ------

    APAR: IY34632 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 433
    ABSTRACT: MKCD CREATES CD'S OF APPROX 32MB ONLY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    mkcd only puts 32 MB of data on a CD before going to the
    next volume.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * bos.sysmgt.sysbr 4.3.3.80ackup.
    * bos.sysmgt.sysbr 4.3.3.81
    * bos.sysmgt.sysbr 4.3.3.82
    *PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: *
    * Errors in the calculations cause mkcd to only create
    * volumes of about 32MB. This could result in many
    * volumes (CD's) being required for a system backup.
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY34632

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code has been modified to correct this
    problem. The calculations have been corrected
    to keep a running total of filesystem sizes.

    ------

    APAR: IY34633 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: A MISSING PV MAY CAUSE AN LVM WRITE REQUEST TO HANG

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    If a logical volume has a missing PV, a write request could
    cause a system crash.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Check for missing PV's before a write is issued.

    ------

    APAR: IY34634 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: INFINITE LOOP IN SYSLOGD

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When the IP address is specified as remote host
    for syslog forwarding, the requested syslog data
    is not sent to the IP addressd host, but it is
    put in the local syslog file repeated forever.
    This problem is not found in case of being
    specified the host name instead of IP address.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Use hostname instead of IP address for syslog
    data forwarding.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When the IP address is specified as remote host for syslog
    forwarding, the requested syslog data is not sent to the
    IP addressd host, but it is put in the local syslog file
    repeated forever.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Corrected the IP address problem by zeroing out the proper
    field of filed structure before it is assigned the IP addres.

    ------

    APAR: IY34635 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CORRUPTED CORE FILE FOR 64BIT APP ON 32BIT KERNEL

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    corrupted core file for 64bit app on 32bit kernel.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    unusable core file for 64bit app on 32bit kernel.

    ------

    APAR: IY34637 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SVMON -P DISPLAYS WRONG CMD NAME

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Bad command name written on svmon -P reports

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Bad command name written on svmon -P reports

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    increase the size of the buffer passed through to getargs

    ------

    APAR: IY34644 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: POSSIBLE DNS RESOLVER BUFFER OVERFLOW

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Possible DNS resolver code buffer overflow problem.
    If DNS resolver code gets a carefully crafted message from
    DNS server. It's possible to trigger the buffer overflow.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Need to update the "buflen" in DNS resolver code correctly
    so that it will prevent the possible buffer overflow from
    happening.

    ------

    APAR: IY34645 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: POSSIBLE SYSTEM CRASH ON 32-BIT KERNEL

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    unlikely possibility of crash when sopyin_sigctx called for
    32-bit processes

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    unlikely possibility of crash when sopyin_sigctx called for
    32-bit processes

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    call vm_att to ensure addressability of uthread

    ------

    APAR: IY34647 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: APPLICATIONS CORE DUMP AFTER DETACHING FROM DBX

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Applications coredump after detching from dbx.

    LOCAL FIX:
    export AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Applications coredump after detaching from dbx.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Application coredump after detaching from dbx.
    This only happens in M:N mode.

    ------

    APAR: IY34655 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: /USR/BIN/ADMIN CORE DUMPS WHEN GIVEN EXTREMELY LONG ARGUMENT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    admin command dumps core when passed extremely long
    argument.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    buffer overflow taken care to resolve core dump.

    ------

    APAR: IY34662 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 240
    ABSTRACT: MAINTENANCE UPGRADE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Maintenance Upgrade

    ------

    APAR: IY34669 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: IFCONFIG ACCEPT WRONG NETMASKS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ifconfig accepts invalid ip addresses and netmask as input.
    ie., it accepts addresses/netmask > 255.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    ifconfig was calling getnetbyname() which was using
    inet_network() which was not checking the validity of the ip
    address or netmask. Modified ifconfig to check the validity
    of the ip address by using inet_addr() subroutine.

    ------

    APAR: IY34670 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: BUFFER OVERFLOW IN NSLOOKUP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Possible buffer overflow in nslookup.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Possible buffer overflow in nslookup.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    use snprintf to replace sprintf

    ------

    APAR: IY34671 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: INETD MAY CORE DUMP WHEN STARTED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Core dump when inetd starts.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Core dump when inetd starts.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    change sprintf to snprintf.

    ------

    APAR: IY34676 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PASSWD COREDUMPS WHEN PASSWORD HISTORY IS ENABLED IN LDAP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The passwd command core dumps after 8 times
    of changing password for a ldap user when
    the password history is enabled by setting
    attribute histsize = 8 in LDAP. For local
    users it may work fine.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Do not enable password history.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The passwd command core dumps after 8 times
    of changing password for a ldap user when
    the password history is enabled by setting
    attribute histsize = 8 in LDAP. For local
    users it may work fine.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    A memory write beyond the allocated amount is causing the
    segmentation fault. This is removed.

    ------

    APAR: IY34678 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: RPC.YPPASSWDD MAY COREDUMP W/ ALTERNATE PASSWD FILE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/rpc.yppasswdd may coredump if an alternate
    password file is being used for NIS authentication and the
    file /var/yp/passwd.ptmp already exists. The corefile would
    have the following stacktrace:
    (dbx) where
    fclose_unlocked()
    fclose()
    changepasswd()
    svc_getreqset()
    svc_run()
    main()

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Fix cleanup code to ensure fclose is no longer called on
    an invalid file pointer.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Fix cleanup code to ensure fclose is no longer called on
    an invalid file pointer.

    ------

    APAR: IY34682 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GRANTPT DOESN'T RETURN -1 ON FAILURE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The grantpt library routine does not return -1 upon failure.
    Instead, it returns the error code.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    We changed the routine to return -1 upon failure, and to set
    errno to the appropriate value.

    ------

    APAR: IY34699 COMPID: 5697E3000 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: FIXES OF WNN7 FOR AIX 520

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Japan kit V2.3 September fix package.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Change jkit.Wnn7.base.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    This apar includes fixes of some problems.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    All problems we found were fixed.

    ------

    APAR: IY34707 COMPID: 5765E6110 REL: 110
    ABSTRACT: CSM FOR AIX INITIAL CLIENT SUPPORT ON AIX 5.1.F

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    csm for aix initial client support on aix 5.1.f

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    CSM for AIX Initial Client Support on
    AIX 5.1.F

    ------

    APAR: IY34724 COMPID: 5765F07AP REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: RSCT FOR CSM FOR AIX INITIAL SUPPORT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    rsct for csm for aix initial support

    ------

    APAR: IY34725 COMPID: 5765E6110 REL: 221
    ABSTRACT: RSCT FOR CSM FOR AIX INITIAL CLIENT SUPPORT ON AIX 5.1.F

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    rsct for csm for aix initial client support on aix 5.1.f

    ------

    APAR: IY34727 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 240
[...]

    APAR: IY34728 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 240
    ABSTRACT: SYNC COMMAND HANGS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Application writes to GeoMirror devices may hang on
    a node which leaves the HACMP cluster by way of
    forced node down.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Application writes to GeoMirror devices may hang on
    a node which leaves the HACMP cluster by way of
    forced node down.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The forced node down event processing has been changed so
    that the remote peer nodes can correctly determine the
    GeoMirror device status on the node which has left the
    HACMP cluster by way of forced node down.

    ------

    APAR: IY34733 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PHASE 1 PROPOSAL SPONTANEOUSLY CHANGING TO DEFAULT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The customer will not be able to modify the properties
    of phase1 tunnel without viewing the proposals page

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The above problemm has been fixed by getting the policy name
    and assigning the appropriate proposal to it.

    ------

    APAR: IY34737 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: WEBSM CRASHES WHEN YOU ENTER NEWLINE AS PART OF TEXT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Websm crashes when newline characters are entered

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Websm crashes when newline characters are entered

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Changed the code to not accept control characters and accept
    backslashes as text.

    ------

    APAR: IY34738 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: VMTUNE FAILS WITH MISSING SYMBOL __PTA_BALANCE_THRESH

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The vmtune command fails to load due to missing symbol
    __pta_balance_thresh.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * bos.adt.samples 4.3.3.77
    *PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: *
    * The vmtune command fails to load due to missing symbol
    * __pta_balance_thresh.
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY34738

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add a requisite between bos.adt.samples and bos.mp/bos.up at
    the 4.3.3.84 level.

    ------

    APAR: IY34742 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: INCLUDE HOST NAME IN SUBJECT OF DIAGELA MAIL

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    diagela mail messages do not identify the sending system,
    and some customers can not determine the sender from
    the sendmail header.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Include the host name that sent the diagela mail message
    in the subject line of the message.

    ------

    APAR: IY34743 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PERIODIC DIAGNOSTICS IS NOT TESTING THE PROCESSORS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Periodic Diagnostics only does error log analysis on
    processors. The notifications to the console from Periodic
    Diagnostics and Automatic Error Log Analysis display only
    the Service Request Number.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The diagela script that manages Periodic Diagnostics will
    change to invoke the processor diagnostic application
    without the ELA flag.
    The Periodic Diagnostics and Automatic Error Log Analysis
    notification messages has been changed to include the SRN
    error text along with the SRN number.
    The floating point processor failure messages is changed to:
    815-100: A floating point instruction produced a result that
    is not correct. The processor should be replaced as soon as
    possible. Verify any critical data calculated using the
    floating point function.
    This updates filesets bos.diag.rte, bos.diag.com and
    devices.common.base.

    ------

    APAR: IY34759 COMPID: 5765E7200 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: CHECK HANDLE TABLE TO PREVENT SYSTEM CALLING SETLOCAL

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When handle table is empty, it throw an exception, which call
    -ing un-thread-safe setlocal causing server coredump

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    When handle table is empty, it throw an exception, which call
    -ing un-thread-safe setlocal causing server coredump

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    check the handle table before accessing it

    ------

    APAR: IY34761 COMPID: 5765E7200 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: OPEN A FILE (W/ MSWORD) FROM TWO CLIENTS TAKES LONG TIME

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Some windows clients expect exact request size

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Some windows clients expect exact request size

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    re-caculate the size before sending it

    ------

    APAR: IY34762 COMPID: 5765E7200 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: CIFSSERVER CORE DUMPS BY NET SESSION W/ LOT OF FILES OPENED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    net session command core dump when listing more than 500
    user sessions

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    net session command core dump when listing more than 500
    user sessions

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    matching data buffer size between the server and net command
    to handle large number of user session information.

    ------

    APAR: IY34770 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CAN NOT RUN 'RMGROUP -R LDAP' TO REMOVE A LDAP GROUP

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Administer can not remove a group defined on the ldap server
    with the rmuser command, and he would get the following
    error message:
    3004-692 Error changing "users" to "".

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Modify code in ldap_delgroups.c, to verify the existence of
    a group in ldap server as well as in the cache before deleting
    it. Previously, it only checks the cache.

    ------

    APAR: IY34772 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CAN NOT CHANGE USER'S PGRP TO SYSTEM IN LDAP MODULE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Even if a ldap user's group list has system as one of the
    groups, when the ldap user trying to change the pgrp to the
    system group with the command
    "chuser -R LDAP pgrp=system foo", he will get an error:
    3004-692 Error changing "pgrp" to "system": Value is invalid.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    When converting string user ID to numerical ID, do not treat
    as an error if the converted value is 0. System group's gid
    is 0.

    ------

    APAR: IY34773 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: 517 OR 553 LED HANG MINUTES ON SYNCVG ROOTVG IF TCB INSTALLED

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    0517 LED Hang on syncvg rootvg if tcb installed.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * devices.pci.14108c00.rte 4.3.3.52
    * bos.rte.tty 4.3.3.79
    * bos.sysmgt.serv_aid 4.3.3.82
    *PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: *
    * 0517 LED Hang on syncvg rootvg if tcb installed.
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY34773

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Use tcbck to replace mksysck system call.

    ------

    APAR: IY34774 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: X MAY NOT HANDLE PROTOCOL ERRORS WITH BIGREQUESTS CORRECTLY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    X may not handle protocol errors with BigRequests correctly.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change StandardReadRequestFromClient so that oci->bufptr is
    pointing to the next request after a BadLength protocol error
    is sent to the client.

    ------

    APAR: IY34775 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: PAX: LEAKS FILE DESCRIPTORS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    pax reports error "error opening directory".

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    pax code would be fixed to resolve the problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY34777 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CHANGE SMIT PASSWORD SETTING PANEL TO USE PWDADM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Members of security group can not change password for users
    using smit.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    smit pannel was changed to call pwdadm when a member of
    security group is changing passwd for another user.

    ------

    APAR: IY34778 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CALLOC GIVES SEGFAULT IF SIZE > 4GB

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    In 64-bit mode, memset behaves incorrectly, possibly causing
    coredumps

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    fixed instances where 64 bit register values were getting
    clobbered.

    ------

    APAR: IY34779 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SHIP A DEBUG VERSION OF SMITTY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Smitty core dumps alot.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Provide an official debug version of smitty to assist in
    debuging.

    ------

    APAR: IY34780 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: UNINITIALIZED LOCKWORD IN VSSCANF

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    uninitialized lockword in vsscanf() may cause core
    dump on multithreaded applications.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    memset(0) the FILE structure in curses routines to avoid core
    dump.

    ------

    APAR: IY34781 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: LAZY LOADING WITH 8-CHARACTER SYMBOL NAMES FAILS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Calling lazily loaded routines that have
    8-character names may fail.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change librtl's symbol lookup code to accommodate symbols
    that are not nul-terminated.

    ------

    APAR: IY34782 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: MALLOCDEBUG REPORT_ALLOCATIONS REPORTS INCORRECTLY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The wrong address will be displayed with the function name
    and the function name may not always be displayed when using
    MALLOCDEBUG's report_allocations option.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Dereferenced the pointer to the return address to display the
    return address instead of the address that points to the
    address. Decode the traceback table to correctly output
    the function name.

    ------

    APAR: IY34783 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: DLPAR: DSI DURING MOVE CPU OPERATION

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When the cpu_vector grows, it is not zeroed out. This creates
    fields that appear to be initialized but are not. When those
    fields are used, the system can crash.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The solution is to zero out the new array when it is
    allocated.

    ------

    APAR: IY34784 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSTEM HANG OR CRASH DURING CPU ALLOCATION

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    System using 128-port asynchronous adapter can hang or
    crash during CPU allocation.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The cpu_vector was being reallocated without any type of
    locking. The solution was to stop all the pollers and timers,
    reallocate the array, and then start things back up. This was
    chosen rather than a general locking scheme to save overhead
    during normal operation.

    ------

    APAR: IY34785 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SUMAC.APT: ITI TSTART+000044 SCXMA_START_TIME+000050

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The timer for the poller was started for each adapter instead
    of just the first adapter on that cpu.

    ------

    APAR: IY34786 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: WCRTOMB INCORRECTLY HANDLES THE FIRST ARGUMENT BEING NULL

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    when the first parameter to wcrtomb is NULL, the routine
    simply returns 0, rather than exhibit standards compliant
    behaviour

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    When the first parameter to wcrtomb is NULL, act as if
    wcrtomb(<internal buffer>, L'0', state) is called.

    ------

    APAR: IY34787 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: THREAD-SAFING SETLOCALE AND NLS ROUTINES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Application coredumps, while doing NLS routines, with typical
    stack traces of
    ptrgl._ptrgl() at 0xd016ef90
    mbtowc.mbtowc(??, ??, ??) at 0xd0170350
    __mbstowcs_std(??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??) at 0xd002cbd4
    mbstowcs.mbstowcs(??, ??, ??) at 0xd0198e84
    Reloading the locale in use causing this problem.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Avoid reloading the locale.

    ------

    APAR: IY34788 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: THREAD-SAFING SETLOCALE AND NLS ROUTINES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Application coredumps, while doing NLS routines, with typical
    stack traces of
    ptrgl._ptrgl() at 0xd016ef90
    mbtowc.mbtowc(??, ??, ??) at 0xd0170350
    __mbstowcs_std(??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??) at 0xd002cbd4
    mbstowcs.mbstowcs(??, ??, ??) at 0xd0198e84
    Reloading the locale in use causing this problem.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Avoid reloading the locale.

    ------

    APAR: IY34789 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ATM ADAPTER UNABLE TO RECOVER FROM EEH ERROR

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    622Mbps ATM PCI Adapter fails to recover from an Enhanced
    Error Handling (EEH) error, continuously logging
    "ADAPTER ERROR" and "PROBLEM RESOLVED" error log entries.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    622Mbps ATM PCI Adapter fails to recover from an Enhanced
    Error Handling (EEH) error, continuously logging
    "ADAPTER ERROR" and "PROBLEM RESOLVED" error log entries.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Correctly reset the adapter statistic structure in the
    device driver.

    ------

    APAR: IY34790 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: IMPROVE HACMP FAILOVER USING FIBRE CHANNEL ADAPTER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    There's a delay in opening the diskhead driver when multiple
    ioctl's are stressing the adapter driver due to lock
    contention. This can cause long failover times using HACMP
    on Fibre Channel adapter.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    There's a delay in opening the diskhead driver when multiple
    ioctl's are stressing the adapter driver due to lock
    contention. This can cause long failover times using HACMP
    on Fibre Channel adapter.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Release adapter driver's global lock to allows other processes
    to go through in openning other adapters.

    ------

    APAR: IY34791 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: POTENTIAL LOCK CONTENTION WHEN OPENNING MULTIPLE FSCSI DRIVER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Openning of multiple fscsi adapters may result in lock
    contention when an adapter is going through error recovery
    while many ioctls are pending.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    While multiple ioctls are pending, the locking strategy is
    changed to allow openning of other adapters to go through.

    ------

    APAR: IY34792 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: USING C API NAMES FOR GETCERTIFICATE AND VALIDATECERTIFICATE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The CPSD daemon is not started and the customer will not be
    able to use authentication using certificates

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The code has been changed to use the new APIs provided by GSKIT

    ------

    APAR: IY34793 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: COREDUMP ON LSVPD COMMAND WITH ULTRA-2 SCSI I/O CONTROLLER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    A coredump on the lsvpd command can occur if a PCI based SCSI
    Ultra-2 adapter (type 4-R, FC 5702) is installed in the
    system.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The coredump occurs because the end tag for the VPD is not
    found when lsvpd scans the device VPD data on the system. The
    end tag is not found because the adapter's config method and
    driver do not write the end tag to the ODM. The solution is
    to modify the VPD extraction routine to read all of the
    adapter VPD data (including the end tag) and write it out to
    ODM.

    ------

    APAR: IY34794 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: ENSURE LOAD/STORE ORDER IN SCSI RAID DRIVER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Unpredictable symptoms can occur if loads/stores are not
    performed in the correct order.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Call an io_flush to ensure data syncronized.

    ------

    APAR: IY34795 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SYSTEM CRASH RUNNING PCI 2-PORT MULTIPROTOCOL ADAPTER

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    pvthread+034300 STACK:
     0003E6FC i_clear+0000C4 (0000000000000000 ?? )
     0471FC38 free_adapter_services+000070 (??)
     04722FE4 dpmp_close+00011C (??)
     0013A0A8 ns_free+000058 (??)
     00139908 ndd_usrreq+000160 (??, ??, ??, ??, ??)
     00165D6C soclose2+0005F8 (??, ??)
     0016BC78 soclose+000010 (??)
     0016BB20 soo_close+0000C8 (??)
     006EF8C0 closef+0000A4 (??)
     0068D42C closefd+0000D8 (??, ??)
     0068D284 close+000284 (??)
     00003798 sc_msr_2_point+000028 ()
     10000ED8 main+00074C (??, ??)
     10000188 __start+000088 ()

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    pvthread+034300 STACK:
     0003E6FC i_clear+0000C4 (0000000000000000 ?? )
     0471FC38 free_adapter_services+000070 (??)
     04722FE4 dpmp_close+00011C (??)
     0013A0A8 ns_free+000058 (??)
     00139908 ndd_usrreq+000160 (??, ??, ??, ??, ??)
     00165D6C soclose2+0005F8 (??, ??)
     0016BC78 soclose+000010 (??)
     0016BB20 soo_close+0000C8 (??)
     006EF8C0 closef+0000A4 (??)
     0068D42C closefd+0000D8 (??, ??)
     0068D284 close+000284 (??)
     00003798 sc_msr_2_point+000028 ()
     10000ED8 main+00074C (??, ??)
     10000188 __start+000088 ()

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    More serialization is required to keep dpmp_close from
    closing before dpmp_open completes.

    ------

    APAR: IY34796 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: TMD DOES NOT ACCEPT 0.0.0.0 AS A VALID NETMASK.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    If a phase 2 ID payload specifies a netmask of 0.0.0.0, the
    isakmp negotiation will succeed, but then tmd will throw an
    error when trying to create the tunnel

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Make tmd recognize 32 bits of 0 as a valid netmask

    ------

    APAR: IY34797 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECLDAPCLNTD THREAD RUNNING IN A INFINIT LOOP:

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    On SMP machines the secldapclntd consumes an increasing amount
    of CPU time which decreases the overall system performance.
    Analysis revealed that secldapclntdwas running in an infinite
    loop of a socket read systemcall.
    Each read returned immediately and there's no delay before the
    next same call.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The socket read system call return value is now checked for
    0 to quit the indefinite for loop.

    ------

    APAR: IY34798 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SMITTY CHTZ APPENDING 2 COMMAS AFTER TZ

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The problem can be reporduced by the following steps:
    1. Run smitty chtz. 2. Enter the sub menu where daylight
    savings exist. 3. All fields in the menu are blanked except
    the time zone field. 4. Apply the settings by pressing enter.
    On rebooting the system type "echo $TZ". The output shows 2
    commas appended to the TZ.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    * CUSTOMERS AFFECTED:
    * Systems running AIX 4.3 with bos.rte.date between the 4.3.3.51
    * and 4.3.3.76 level.
    * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    * The TZ (timezone) variable is not set correctly using
    * 'smit chtz'. This will cause the clock not to be set
    * correctly during daylight savings time changes.
    * RECOMMENDATION:
    * Use the 'chtz' command from the command line to set the TZ
    * variable.
    * The system must be rebooted for the change to completely take
    * effect.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The script that smitty executes was changed
    to fix this bug.

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    *********
    * HIPER *
    *********

    ------

    APAR: IY34799 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: COMMANDS STRERR AND STRACE CORE DUMP OR WRITE BAD STRINGS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    strlog() won't accept format %s, %x, %X, %u, %l, %o.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    strlog() did not accept %s format.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change codes to let strlog() accept %s format. At same time,
    avoid stack corrupting, stack overflow, un-expected interrupt
    problems showed in 51 APAR: IY26801 & 43 APARs: IY32017 &
    IY32016

    ------

    APAR: IY34800 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: VULNERABILITY IN YPSERV

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Possible security hole in ypserv.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Possible security hole in ypserv.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Fix security problem.

    ------

    APAR: IY34801 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GXT6000 GXT6500 SHADING RENDERED INCORRECTLY IN FLUENT APP.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    On GXT6000P and GXT6500P, an OpenGL based application from
     Fluent called gambit renders incorrectly in shaded mode. The
    model incorrectly renders all white, when it should render grey
    due to lighting effects.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    On GXT6000P and GXT6500P, an OpenGL based application from
    Fluent called gambit renders incorrectly in shaded mode. The
    model incorrectly renders all white, when it should render grey
    due to lighting effects.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Correctly handle the case where the light position
    is 0,0,0,0 in all paths.

    ------

    APAR: IY34803 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ERROR.SEMANTIC ERRORS ON DEFINED VARIABLES.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    An error.semantic variable not defined error is raised within
    a subdialog. The reported problem error is defined in the same
    page, and should be within the document`s scope.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Moving the variables to a different component on the same page
    may resolve this problem.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    An error.semantic variable not defined error is
     raised within a subdialog. The reported problem error is
    defined in the same page, and should be within the document

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Certain rules apply to the re-initialisation
     and resetting of documents when control moves from one document
     to another. These rules are defined in the VoiceXML spec
    but have not been implemented correctly. The fix was to
    implement the rules correctly.

    ------

    APAR: IY34814 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: A 64BIT APPLICATION SEG FAULTS IN PASSWDEXPIRED()

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    A 64bit application calling AIX security
    subroutine passwdexpired() will segfault
    under certain conditions. This is the stack trace
    from a DB2 application:
    (dbx) where
    allocate_topusr_val(??, ??, ??, ??) at 0x900000000094480
    db_usrattr.getuserattr(0xfffffff, 0xfffff5f0, 0xfffffff,
                           0xfffff580) at 0x900000000096218
    _getregistry(??) at 0x90000000008e5e8
    passwdexpired(??, ??) at 0x9000000000fb934
    unnamed block $b1, line 1871 in "sqlosecu.C"
    sqlo_get_userpw(userpwinfo = 0x0ffffffffffff8ac,
                    pSqloUbi = 0x00000001000029c8),
                                 line 1871 in "sqlosecu.C"
    main(??, ??) at 0x10000233c
    This occurs only in the 64bit applications and 32bit
    applications work fine. This will be seen in bos.rte.libc
    filesets 4.3.3.81 or above in AIX 4.3 and 5.1.0.25 or
    above in AIX 5.1.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.80
    * bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.81
    * bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.82?, ??, ??) at 0x900000000094480
    * bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.83fffffff, 0xfffff5f0, 0xfffffff,
    * bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.84fffff580) at 0x900000000096218
    _getregistry(??) at 0x90000000008e5e8
    passwdexpired(??, ??) at 0x9000000000fb934
    * bos.adt.prof 4.3.3.85871 in "sqlosecu.C"
    * bos.rte.libc 4.3.3.81o = 0x0ffffffffffff8ac,
    * bos.rte.libc 4.3.3.82= 0x00000001000029c8),
    * bos.rte.libc 4.3.3.83 line 1871 in "sqlosecu.C"
    * bos.rte.libc 4.3.3.843c
    * bos.rte.libc 4.3.3.85
    * bos.rte.libc 4.3.3.864bit applications and 32bit
    *
    * This occurs only in the 64bit applications and 32bit
    * applications work fine. This will be seen in
    * bos.rte.libc filesets 4.3.3.81 or above in AIX 4.3 and
    * 5.1.0.25 or above in AIX 5.1.
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY34814

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Declare the prototype for a function call.

    ------

    APAR: IY34844 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CD-ROM FIRMWARE CHANGES IDENTIFICATION STRINGS OF DRIVE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Commands such as lsdev -Cc adapter
    return device description as:
    Other IDE CD-ROM Drive

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add model_map attributes to .add files to match on more than
    one ASCII string or substring. This handles more than one
    production level of drive/firmware.

    ------

    APAR: IY34888 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: GPROF GIVES BAD OUTPUT WITH EXP FILES IN LIBRARIES

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    While running gprof on some application which uses a
    library which contains a exp file, the output may
    not be correct.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    The gprof command may give wrong output if
    thre is a non-xcoff file, for example an
    export file, in a library archive.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The bug was fixed with code changes to
    the gprof command.

    ------

    APAR: IY35000 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: GMDSIZING DOES NOT WORK WITH VPATHS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    If customer tries to issue the gmdsizing command on a system
    where vpaths are defined, the command fails with the following
    error:
    vpath<#> not found in /dev/kmem; unable to read disk status from
    kernel

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Running gmdsizing with Shark disks and SDD installed. The
    pipt code expects hdisks instead of vpaths

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Convert the vpaths to hdisks

    ------

    APAR: IY35013 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: NEW TIMING REQUESTED FOR STEREO (1280X102496HZ)

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    GXT4500P/GXT6500P: new refresh rate added (1280x102496Hz).

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add new timing to display timings table in device driver.

    ------

    APAR: IY35021 COMPID: 5765E7200 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: SUPPORT FOR CIFS 3.1.2

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Need an update path from CIFS 3.1.1 to CIFS 3.1.2

    ------

    APAR: IY35046 COMPID: 5765E7200 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: NLS SUPPORT FOR CIFS 3.1.2

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Need an NLS update path from CIFS 3.1.0 to CIFS 3.1.2

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Need an NLS update path from CIFS 3.1.0 to CIFS 3.1.2
    This APAR ships the following filesets, which are install
    images rather than updates.
    cifs.msg.Ja_JP
    cifs.msg.ZH_CN
    cifs.msg.Zh_CN
    cifs.msg.Zh_TW
    cifs.msg.ca_ES
    cifs.msg.cs_CZ
    cifs.msg.de_DE
    cifs.msg.es_ES
    cifs.msg.fr_FR
    cifs.msg.hu_HU
    cifs.msg.it_IT
    cifs.msg.ja_JP
    cifs.msg.ko_KR
    cifs.msg.pl_PL
    cifs.msg.pt_BR
    cifs.msg.ru_RU
    cifs.msg.sk_SK
    cifs.msg.zh_CN
    cifs.msg.zh_TW
    This APAR will not appear in the list of APARs on the SMIT
    "Update Software by Fix (APAR)" panel, nor will the instfix
    command show this APAR as being installed after the updates
    delivered by this package are installed.
    To install all updates from this package apply to installed
    filesets on your system, use the command:
       smit update_all

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Provide PTFs to update NLS from CIFS 3.1.0 to CIFS 3.1.2

    ------

    APAR: IY35052 COMPID: 5765E8500 REL: 200
    ABSTRACT: ERROR WHEN STARTING X25MON

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    When 'x25mon -fpct -n sx25a#' is used with the latest level
    of the X.25 filesets including the 2.0.1.3 level
    of sx25.rte, the following error is returned:
    >>x25mon -fpct -n sx25a0
    x25mon: 2200-016 Frame error receiving acknowledgement,
     errno = 12

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    *USERS AFFECTED: *
    * All users with the following filesets at these levels *
    * sx25.rte 2.0.1.3 IY32126 including the
    * sx25.server 2.0.1.1rte:
    * sx25.adt.rte 2.0.1.1
    *PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: *
    >>x25mon -fpct -n sx25a0
    x25mon: 2200-016 Frame error receiving acknowledgement,
    * After updating to the latest X.25 filesets: for
    * V2.0.1 with APAR IY32741 including the 2.0.1.3 level
    * of sx25.rte; for V1.1.5 with APAR IY32126 includinghen
    * the 1.1.5.24 level of sx25.rte:
    * thod error: /usr/lib/method/cfgfx25 error
    * various errors related to the frame layer may be
    * received. One example for x25mon is: >>x25mon -fpct0x5
    * -n sx25a0 x25mon: 2200-016 Frame error receiving
    * acknowledgement,
    * errno = 12
    *
    * Another example is that of an error message received
    * when configuring a port: method error:
    * /usr/lib/method/cfgfx25 error 0514-048 error
    * downloading microcode or software cfgfx25 load frame
    * profile failed fctl.dl_primitive = 0x5
    *RECOMMENDATION: *
    * Apply apar IY35052

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Verify that all executables changed due to:
    IY32741 for V2.0.1
    IY32126 for V1.1.5
    are shipped.

    ------

    APAR: IY35093 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: MAKE FAIL ON UNWANTED LIBRARY

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    In the makefile, if some archive member has an extension of
    more than 1 character, make will give an error.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Code modified so that make handles archive members with
    extension of more than 1 character.

    ------

    APAR: IY35163 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: 64-BIT THREADED PROGRAMS CRASH IN __LOADX

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Users who install bos.rte.libpthreads >= 4.3.3.78 and
    bos.rte.libc >= 4.3.3.84 without installing bos.64bit >=
    4.3.3.77 experience 64-bit threaded application crashes at
    program startup or when the pthreads library is loaded:
    ptrgl_64._ptrgl() at 0x9000000000a0b2c
    __loadx(0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x200ff718, 0x9001000,
            0xa00af448, 0xc000000, 0xc000000) at x900000000095368
    pthread_init() at 0x9000000000068e8
    call_pthread_init() at 0x1001ea900
    __threads_init.__threads_init() at 0x1000003ac
    Environments without 64-bit applications are not affected.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add requisites from bos.rte.libc and bos.adt.prof to
    bos.64bit 4.3.3.77.

    ------

    APAR: IY35177 COMPID: 5765C3403 REL: 430
    ABSTRACT: CMD_ELEM LEAK IN EFSC_START_PENDING_CMDS() ROUTINE.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    The cmd_elem leak may strain on memory resource.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Free the command element was just allocated, before return.

    ------

    APAR: IY35184 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: GEOTEL CUSTOM SERVER CORE DUMPS DUE TO SIGCHILD

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Sometimes a sigchild signal received by the GeoTel Custom Server
    causes it to core dump.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    GEOTEL CUSTOM SERVER CORE DUMPS DUE TO SIGCHILD

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change socket read code such that if an
    error occurs we do not memcpy 4GB of memory. Add code to
    remember registration of ECC variables to stop the same
    variable being registered twice.

    ------

    APAR: IY35226 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ISDN D CHANNEL BACKUP FEATURE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ISDN D channel backup feature

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    WebSphere Voice Response base for
    ISDN D Channel backup support.

    ------

    APAR: IY35228 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ISDN D CHANNEL BACKUP FEATURE FOR ATT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ISDN D channel backup feature

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    WebSphere Voice Response base for
    ISDN D Channel backup support.

    ------

    APAR: IY35229 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ISDN D CHANNEL BACKUP FEATURE FOR DMS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ISDN D channel backup feature

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    WebSphere Voice Response base for
    ISDN D Channel backup support.

    ------

    APAR: IY35230 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ISDN D CHANNEL BACKUP FEATURE FOR INS1500

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ISDN D channel backup feature

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    WebSphere Voice Response base for
    ISDN D Channel backup support.

    ------

    APAR: IY35236 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ISDN D CHANNEL BACKUP FEATURE EURO ISDN

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ISDN D channel backup feature

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    WebSphere Voice Response base for
    ISDN D Channel backup support.

    ------

    APAR: IY35237 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: ISDN D CHANNEL BACKUP FEATURE COMMON CODE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ISDN D channel backup feature

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    WebSphere Voice Response base for
    ISDN D Channel backup support.

    ------

    APAR: IY35394 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: LATEST PSSP 3.2.0 FIXES AS OF OCTOBER 2002

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    This is the latest PSSP ptf as of October 2002.
    Order this apar to get all of the ptfs as of October 2002.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    This is a packaging apar for PSSP 3.2.0 fixes
    as of October 2002

    ------

    APAR: IY35413 COMPID: 5765E6100 REL: 510
    ABSTRACT: 64-BIT APPS NO LONGER WORK AFTER APPLYING BOS.MP64 5.1.0.35

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    After installing bos.mp64 or bos.64bit at the 5.1.0.35 level,
    64-bit applications will be unable to execute.
    0509-033 Cannot run a 64 bit program, until the 64 bit
    environment has been configured.
    0509-036 cannot load program /usr/sbin/netstat because 64 bit
    environment not set.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Install both bos.mp64 and bos.64bit at the same time.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    * USERS AFFECTED:
    * Systems running the 64-bit kernel (bos.mp64) with bos.mp64
    * or bos.64bit installed at the 5.1.0.35 level.
    * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    * After installing the 5.1.0.35 level of either bos.mp64 or
    * bos.64bit, but not both, 64-bit applications fail to execute.
    * RECOMMENDATION:
    * Install bos.mp64 5.1.0.35 and bos.64bit 5.1.0.35 at the same
    * time.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Add requisites between bos.mp64 and bos.64bit.

    ------

    APAR: IY35925 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: INBOUND ISDN CALL FROM G3SI IS REJECTED WITH INVALID IE CONTENTS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    If an ISDN switch sends a L3 SETUP message with a Called Party
    IE of Unknown, Unknown then WVR 3.1 rejects the call with a
    Cause IE of 100, Invalid IE contents. The number length for
    this IE is 0. WVR V3.1 incorrectly handles this.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    If an ISDN switch sends a L3 SETUP message with
     a Called Party IE of Unknown, Unknown then WVR 3.1 rejects
     the call with a Cause IE of 100, Invalid IE contents.
     The number length for this IE is 0. WVR V3.1 incorrectly
     handles this.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Reduced acceptable min length of called
    numberer to 0.

    ------

    APAR: IY36006 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: IMPROVE DATABASE PERFORMANCE

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Improvements to database access

    ------

    APAR: IY36014 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 350
    ABSTRACT: GENERIC FIXES FOR PSSP R3.5

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    generic fixes for PSSP R3.5

    ------

    APAR: IY36016 COMPID: 5765F6401 REL: 350
    ABSTRACT: GENERIC FIXES FOR GPFS R2.1

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Generic fixes for GPFS R2.1

    ------

    APAR: IY36045 COMPID: 5765E8200 REL: 230
    ABSTRACT: GEORM: PTF PACKAGING PROBLEM

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    There is a packaging problem in geoRM PTF sets 6 and 7.
    These PTFs are supposed to be cumulative and should
    contain all changes from PTF set 5. But they miss some
    of the fixes/changed file which causes problems.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    A packaging problem resulted in shippable files
    missing from the following:
    geoRM.mirror.utils 2.3.0.5
    geoRM.mirror.utils 2.3.0.6
    geoRM.mirror.ext 2.3.0.4
    geoRM.mirror.ext 2.3.0.5

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    The next PTF for geoRM.mirror.utils and
    geoRM.mirror.ext will contain all required files.

    ------

    APAR: IY36058 COMPID: 5765B8100 REL: 220
    ABSTRACT: CORRECT CHP COUNT CAUSING DATABASE MISMATCH

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Correct CHP count causing database mismatch

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    corrected mismatch counter value

    ------

    APAR: IY36172 COMPID: 5765F6400 REL: 210
    ABSTRACT: GENERIC FIXES FOR GPFS R2.1

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Generic fixes for GPFS R2.1

    ------

    APAR: IY36191 COMPID: 5724C3505 REL: 310
    ABSTRACT: DATABASE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Database performance improvements to be made in WVR product

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Provide database performance improvements

    ------

    APAR: IY36202 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 320
    ABSTRACT: LATEST PSSP 3.2.0 FIXES AS OF OCTOBER 2002

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    This is the latest PSSP ptf as of October 2002.
    Order this apar to get all of the ptfs as of October 2002.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    This is a packaging apar for PSSP 3.2.0 fixes
    as of October 2002

    ------

    APAR: IY36206 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 311
    ABSTRACT: LATEST PSSP 3.1.1.FIXES AS OF OCTOBER 2002.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    This is the latest PSSP ptf as of October 2002.
    Order this apar to get all of the ptfs as of October 2002.

    ------

    APAR: IY36210 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 340
    ABSTRACT: LATEST PSSP 3.4.0 FIXES AS OF OCTOBER 2002

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    This is the lastest PSSP ptf as of October 2002
    Order this apar to get all of the ptfs as of October 2002.

    ------

    APAR: IY36239 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 350
    ABSTRACT: LATEST PSSP 3.5 FIXES AS OF OCTOBER 2002

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    latest PSSP 3.5 fixes as of October 2002

    ------

    APAR: IY36325 COMPID: 5765B8100 REL: 220
    ABSTRACT: GEOTEL CUSTOM SERVER CORE DUMPS DUE TO SIGCHILD

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Sometimes a sigchild signal received by the GeoTel Custom Server
    causes it to core dump.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    GEOTEL CUSTOM SERVER CORE DUMPS DUE TO SIGCHILD

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Change socket read code such that if an
    error occurs we do not memcpy 4GB of memory. Add code to
    remember registration of ECC variables to stop the same
    variable being registered twice.

    ------

    APAR: IY36339 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 311
    ABSTRACT: SECURITY: CA-2002-29

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    APAR to address Cert Advisory 2002-29

    LOCAL FIX:
    Temporarily disable kadmind: stopsrc -s kadmind

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Security Issue.

    ------

    APAR: IY36530 COMPID: 5765D5100 REL: 311
    ABSTRACT: LATEST PSSP 3.1.1.FIXES AS OF OCTOBER 2002.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    This is the latest PSSP ptf as of October 2002.
    Order this apar to get all of the ptfs as of October 2002.

    ------

    APAR: PQ67105 COMPID: 5765C4200 REL: 330
    ABSTRACT: IMPROVE PEFORMANCE OF RANK-K UPDATE SUBROUTINES ON POWER4

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Performance of rank-k update subroutines needs to be improved
    on POWER4.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Performance for rank-k update subroutines needs
    to be improved on POWER4.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Performance was improved on POWER4 in a
    variety of cases.

    ------

    APAR: PQ67110 COMPID: 5765C4200 REL: 330
    ABSTRACT: L1 BLAS PERFORMANCE FOR N NEAR MULTIPLES OF 128 DEGRADED ON

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Performance of various L1 BLAS subroutines is degraded when
    N is near a multiple of 128 on POWER4.

    LOCAL FIX:
    Avoid N values near multiples of 128.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    For N values near 128, many L1 BLAS do not
    perform well due to prefetching techniques on the POWER4.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    L1 BLAS have been updated to take into
    account the problem near multiples of 128. This is a follow
    on APAR to PQ63407 which fixed some other L1 BLAS for the
    same problem.

    ------

    APAR: PQ67112 COMPID: 5765C4200 REL: 330
    ABSTRACT: IMPROVE PERFORMANCE OF SHORT PRECISION MATRIX ADD AND SUBTRACT

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    Peformance improvements needed for short precision real and
    complex matrix-matrix add and subtract subroutines.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Performance could be improved for CGEADD/CGESUB
    and SGEADD/SGESUB on POWER4

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Performance was improved

    ------

    APAR: PQ67114 COMPID: 5765C4200 REL: 330
    ABSTRACT: IMPROVE PERFORMANCE OF CGEMM AND ZGEMM ON POWER4

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    For some problem sizes, CGEMM and ZGEMM peformance needs to
    be improved.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    CGEMM and ZGEMM performance can be improved
    for certain odd shaped problems.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    Performance was improved by updating
    lower level codes.

    ------

    APAR: PQ67116 COMPID: 5765C4200 REL: 330
    ABSTRACT: ESSL FORTRAN IVPS FAIL TO LOAD WITH XL FORTRAN V8

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    ESSL Fortran IVPs fail the ld command when run with XL Fortran
    V8

    LOCAL FIX:
    Add -lxlopt in esslivp and esslivp64 to the ld commands.

    PROBLEM SUMMARY:
    Changes in the libraries shipped by XL Fortran
    V8 caused required entry points for the ESSL IVPs to not be
    found by the ld command.

    PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
    esslivp and esslivp64 have been updated to
    load libxlopt.a also

    TEMPORARY FIX:
    Add -lxlopt to the ld command in esslivp and
    esslivp64

    ------