Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: AIX rlogindmatthew green (mrgreenmame.mu.oz.au)
Mon, 23 May 1994 16:32:42 +1000
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Tony Jago: "Re: Fix for Linux/AIX login hole"
- Previous message: Doug McLaren: "Fix for Linux/AIX login hole"
- In reply to: Peter Wemm: "Re: AIX rlogind"
- Next in thread: Paul A Vixie: "Re: AIX rlogind"
>Kevin Johnson writes: >:The rlogind on my machine (a Motorola r32 box) using the shadow 3.3.x >:package does not exhibit the bug. I'm wondering if it's a composite >:bug between certain implementations of rlogind and login. I am of the >:opinion that this is an important point to resolve due to the variety >:of alternative implementations of rlogind and login out there... > >Yes, it's a composite problem. The shadow-3.3.X login program makes >all the correct tests. it's not directly the fault of the code in >lmain.c. However: it makes one basic assumption .. and that is that the reason some ports of shadow are `bad' and some aren't is directly related to how the getopt(3) routine works on that os. if it allows "-froot" to mean the same as "-f root", then it's going to be ``buggy''.