Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: Internet WormJoe Konczal (jkonczalnist.gov)
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 15:25:35 -0400
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Jonathan M. Bresler: "Re: Internet Worm"
- Previous message: Peter Wemm: "Re: chmod 000 .rhosts - works?"
- In reply to: James Seng: "Re: Internet Worm"
- Next in thread: Scott D. Yelich: "Internet Worm"
>>>>> "James" == James Seng <jsengdarwin.technet.sg> writes: James> Anyway, what i did on my system is put a .rhosts file in James> every user directory. chmod 000 .rhosts and chown root James> .rhosts. Not all user needs .rhosts file. Those who wants James> to use them email me and i will chown back to them. (any James> problem with that? :-) The problem is, if users have write permission on their home directories, then they can delete the root-owned .rhosts files and create their own. -- Joe Konczal <jkonczalnist.gov> National Institute of Standards and Technology Tech. A62 Gaithersburg, MD 20899 (301) 975-3285