Bugtraq archives for 1st quarter (Jan-Mar) 1995: Re: new sendmail bug?

Re: new sendmail bug?

Dave Horsfall (daveesi.com.au)
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:52:01 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Feb 1995, James W. Abendschan wrote:

> I gathered it had something to do with imbedding newlines in
> either the info it reads from identd and/or imbedding newlines
> when giving it command line options.. but it's hard to say.

A "diff" of the sources reveals just that; a lot of care when copying
strings around, and a syslog'd warning if a newline is found.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU) | daveesi.com.au | VK2KFU  VK2AAB.NSW.AUS.OC | PGP 2.6
Opinions expressed are mine. | E7 FE 97 88 E5 02 3C AE  9C 8C 54 5B 9A D4 A0 CD