Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: Detecting a snifferBennett Todd (betstd.sbi.com)
Mon, 1 May 1995 09:46:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Patrick Horgan: "Re: sniffers"
- Previous message: Mr Martin J Hargreaves: "Re: sniffers"
- In reply to: Dr. Frederick B. Cohen: "Detecting a sniffer"
- Next in thread: Dave Horsfall: "Re: Detecting a sniffer"
>Of course you can detect a sniffer, but are you willing to pay the cost >of doing so? You can't "detect a sniffer" from looking at the net; the only way you can try is to identify specific software indications of one being run on your machine. If it's run on a different machine, on one you can't check (perhaps on a palmtop someone has plugged into the net), then you can't detect it at all. Even if it's being run on your server, you can detect it if the author of the sniffer didn't know about, and defeat, the particular detection mechanism you use. -Bennett betsbi.com