Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: password backdoorsrootplaton.ee.duth.gr
Thu, 11 May 95 23:36:13 +0200
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Paul Szabo: "Re: password backdoors (on Apollo)"
- Previous message: Randy Rasmussen: "PLEASE DELETE"
- Maybe in reply to: System Admin: "password backdoors"
- Next in thread: Tim Scanlon: "Re: password backdoors"
> I have an old Apollo box running Domain 10.4.1 and lost the password for > root, the only account. ... the HP service engineer said that I should have > given him a ring as they have a way to get in ! ... Can anyone enlighten me > further into how this would be done Hmmm He was NOT boasting... With physical access to an HP 9000 I can break root ok... I dont think he can do it with a backdoor password... Even If it could be possible..BUT THAT couldnt be widely known Only the person who put it there Anywayz since I am the one who started sniffers' saga in our maillist I suggest that the whole matter is covered...UP to here guys... I guess there is no way to detect a sniffer without having the whole net upside down... Theodore