Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]jaeger (jaegerdhp.com)
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 17:17:08 -0400
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Brian Tao: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
- Previous message: The Terminator rAT: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
- In reply to: Damien Sorder: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
- Next in thread: Andrew N. Edmond: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Damien Sorder wrote: > > > Here is a quick bsd/os (should work in freebsd too, I believe) exploitation > > > script for the rdist buffer overflow vulnerbility. > > > > Confirmed for FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE, 2.2-960501-SNAP and > > 2.2-960601-SNAP. Haven't tried it with the 2.1.5 release stream yet. > > It did NOT work on a friend's FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE box. I guess it > depends on the configuration and if the admin has done any other patching. > The exploit must be compiled with no optimization or it throws off the hardcoded offsets. It indeed works on a 2.1.0-RELEASE machine. Verify that your friend's rdist is SUID and not a replacement package of some sort. -jaeger