Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]Cosimo Leipold (leipold+andrew.cmu.edu)
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 11:58:04 -0400
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: System Manager: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
- Previous message: Andrew N. Edmond: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
- In reply to: Brian Tao: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
- Next in thread: Jack Flory: "Re: rdist exploit [bsdi]"
With relation to the BSDI rdist exploit, it seems logical that it may work on some systems and not others. I don't know what it is dependent on, (only have one or two machines to try it on, and they both spawned a shell) However some of you might be interested to know that it works on a commercial version as well (though there is no real reason it shouldnt) But on the following system, it worked, and it is a commercial system; Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 Berkeley Software Design, Inc. Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. BSDI BSD/OS 2.1 Kernel #8: Sun May 19 XX:XX:XX EDT 1996