Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: mktemp() and friendsUriel Maimon (lifesuxcox.org)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 23:39:55 +0200
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Theo de Raadt: "Re: mktemp() and friends"
- Previous message: Darren Reed: "Re: mktemp() and friends"
- In reply to: Darren Reed: "Re: mktemp() and friends"
- Next in thread: Benedikt Stockebrand: "Re: mktemp() and friends"
I for one liked the sendmail safefopen(). I think it's the most thorough soloution for race conditions I have seen so far. Feel free to correct me. Uriel > open("/tmp/filename", O_CREAT|O_EXCL) is what I'd like to see used and what I > think that interface should use (this provides an open file descriptor > or -1 if the file is already there, no symbolic link races, etc). I don't > know if it does or doesn't, but it should.