Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: Fix for SMB DOS attack postedAleph One (aleph1DFW.DFW.NET)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:41:46 -0600
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Paul Leach: "Re: Fix for SMB DOS attack posted"
- Previous message: Paul Leach: "Fix for SMB DOS attack posted"
- In reply to: Paul Leach: "Fix for SMB DOS attack posted"
- Next in thread: Paul Leach: "Re: Fix for SMB DOS attack posted"
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Paul Leach wrote: > A hot-fix for a DOS attack on NT file servers that had not been previously > publically known has been posted. The following is the KB article on the > fix. > > DOCUMENT: Q180963 > TITLE :Denial of Service Attack Causes Windows NT Systems to Reboot > PRODUCT :Microsoft Windows NT > PROD/VER:4.00 > OPER/SYS:WINDOWS > KEYWORDS:kbbug4.00 kbfix4.00 NTSrv ntstop Well it would seem some folks have found the problem (or something similar) before as Oliver Friedrichs from Secure Networks hinted at back in October on the NTBugTraq mailing list. http://listserv.ntbugtraq.com/SCRIPTS/WA-NTBT.EXE?A2=ind9710&L=ntbugtraq&m=791&P=4201 Maybe the secnet folks would like to discuss some of their findings. Aleph One / aleph1dfw.net http://underground.org/ KeyID 1024/948FD6B5 Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61 8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01