Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: buffer overflow in msgchkErwin J. van Eijk (eijkhuygens.org)
Wed, 13 May 1998 09:37:16 +0200
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: Solar Designer: "John the Ripper v1.5"
- Previous message: Eric Monti: "3COM: Security Advisory (fwd)"
- In reply to: Jorge Hurtado Rojo: "buffer overflow in msgchk"
- Next in thread: Aleph One: "Re: buffer overflow in msgchk"
jorge> Sometime ago was published in bugtraq that a vulnerabily existed in the jorge> msgchk program, which is installed suid root in redhat 5.0: jorge> msgchk -host `perl -e 'print "A" x 2000'` jorge> leads to a segfault, which can be exploited to get root access. This vulnerability is not present when using mh-6.8.4-6 in RH 5. msgchk ends with msgchk: argument AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA (2000 times) too long Grtz EJ -- +--------------------+ There's only one rule: | Erwin J. van Eijk | The golden rule. | eijkacm.org | He who owns the gold, rules. +--------------------+