Bugtraq archives for 2nd quarter (Apr-Jun) 1998: Re: security hole in mailx

Re: security hole in mailx

Chris Adams (cadamsRO.COM)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:54:00 -0500

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Alvaro Martinez Echevarria wrote:
> Hi there.
> I've discovered a rather serious security hole in mailx, the good
> old Berkeley mail program. It's somehow present at least in the
> last versions I've checked (mailx-8.1.1 in Linux, mailx 5.0 in

The updated mailx packages released by Red Hat on Monday June 22 for Red
Hat Linux 4.2, 5.0, and 5.1 look like they have this fixed.
Chris Adams - cadamsro.com
System Administrator - Renaissance Internet Services