Bugtraq archives for 2nd quarter (Apr-Jun) 1998: Re: security hole in mailx

Re: security hole in mailx

Chris Adams (cadamsRO.COM)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:54:00 -0500

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Alvaro Martinez Echevarria wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I've discovered a rather serious security hole in mailx, the good
> old Berkeley mail program. It's somehow present at least in the
> last versions I've checked (mailx-8.1.1 in Linux, mailx 5.0 in

The updated mailx packages released by Red Hat on Monday June 22 for Red
Hat Linux 4.2, 5.0, and 5.1 look like they have this fixed.
--
Chris Adams - cadamsro.com
System Administrator - Renaissance Internet Services