Bugtraq archives for 4th quarter (Oct-Dec) 1998: Re: DCC HiJacking patch for BitchX 75p1

Re: DCC HiJacking patch for BitchX 75p1

mikey (mikeyPHEDZ.COM)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:48:43 -0600

Yes, this might help. But why worry? they would need to port scan, and
find the port quicker than the other client can connect. Do you think they
can do this all the time? Or Barely ever? So this is not a problem, I
don't understand why anyone even got jumpy over it. I could do the same
with ftp, ftp opens ports waiting to recieve files. Do you see people
making patches for that?