Bugtraq Archives: Re: IBM AIX Packet Filter module (followup)

Re: IBM AIX Packet Filter module (followup)

Brumbles (brummieSECURE.I1.NET)
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:23:34 -0500

Thank you to all respondants re the above, especially Troy from IBM who
has raised a defect, responded very quickly and has offered a temporary
patch, definatly an excellent responce. The problem seems to be
with the declaration of the port being short rather than unsigned short.
Negative values for -P do not work as a few people suggested.

Security bugs with AIX should be addressed to
security-alertaustin.ibm.com

This, in the experience of myself and others who replied is much faster
method of getting security related problems fixed.

Thanks again,
Brum