Bugtraq Archives: Re: new IE5 remote exploit

Re: new IE5 remote exploit

Subject: Re: new IE5 remote exploit
From: Shane Hird (s.hirdSTUDENT.QUT.EDU.AU)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 07:28:04 CST

>IE5 remote exploit # 2 - Jeremy Kothe (<A >HREF="mailto:paceflowhotmail.com">paceflowhotmail.com</A>)

>Overrun: vnd.ms.radio:\\

I have been trying to get that overrun to work for some time, however it doesn't seem possible on IE version:

5.00.2014.0216
Windows 98

with all the latest patches installed, so it has probably been fixed in a previous patch, most likely one of the earlier ones, as it wasn't exploitable some months ago either.

-Shane.