Bugtraq archives for 1st quarter (Jan-Mar) 1999: Re: Unsecured server in applets under Netscape

Re: Unsecured server in applets under Netscape

Alex Muntada (alexmAC.UPC.ES)
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 01:02:30 +0100

Giao Nguyen wrote:
[...]
> The fact that my test was done on a Windows box and others repeated
> the tests on a Unix platform confirmed that this was not a Windows +
> Netscape related problem but that it was indeed a Netscape specific
> thing.
[...]

FYI, I've checked some UNIX platforms and Netscape versions:

                       Netscape
        Platform    3.04      4.08
        --------   ----------------
        solaris    worked    worked
        sunos      worked    worked
        Dunix      failed?   worked
        hpux       worked    worked

(?) Netscape version 3.04 under Digital UNIX didn't show the status
    message "Applet Sapplet running", so I can't be sure that it
    actually run the applet.

--
Alex Muntada <alexmac.upc.es>
www.ac.upc.es/homes/alexm