Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Re: Another Windows98 Bug...Florian Henke (floPOWERONLINE.NET)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:26:14 +0100
- Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]
- Next message: aleph1UNDERGROUND.ORG: "Re: PPTP Revisited"
- Previous message: Alfonso De Gregorio: "traceroute as a flooder"
- Maybe in reply to: Scott: "Another Windows98 Bug..."
- Next in thread: Barrett G. Lyon: "Re: Another Windows98 Bug..."
> Scott schrieb: > > I'm not sure about the details of this problem, but when testing > another buffer overflow, I created a long filename called > "testfile.txt > " > (note the chr(160)'s at the end) It is 235 characters in length. > After creating it on my desktop, I right clicked on it; explorer > crashed saying it caused an illegal operation. the only way I found > to close this was by using command.com I sent this to a friend and > he got the same error. > > -Scott Campbell (smcvisuallink.com) I have tried to cause the same error, running a german version of win98 and did not have any problems, neither on the specific Filelenth nor on longer filenames. Florian Henke f.henkegmx.de webmasterfeg.hh.schule.de