Subject: Immunix OS Security Update for ypbind package
From: Greg KH (gregWIREX.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 03:16:06 CDT

First off, I'd like to apologize for not getting the announcement of
these updates out sooner. We've all been busy here working on getting
Immunix 7 out the door, which has much better protection than just
StackGuard (yes, it includes a format string solution...) The packages
have been available on our web site for a number of days now, but that's
no excuse for me not getting these messages out sooner.

------

RedHat has put out an update to the ypbind package due to a potential
root exploit through a format buffer bug (see
http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2000-086-05.html for more
information on this problem.)

I have built packages for this update for Immunix OS 6.2 (StackGuarded
versions of the RedHat packages.) They can be found at:

http://www.immunix.org:8080/ImmunixOS/6.2/updates/RPMS/ypbind-1.7-0.6.x_StackGuard.i386.rpm

and for the source lovers out there:

http://www.immunix.org:8080/ImmunixOS/6.2/updates/SRPMS/ypbind-1.7-0.6.x_StackGuard.src.rpm

md5sums of the packages:

ffad6480d58893e981fca4dfdf6b7ab0 ypbind-1.7-0.6.x_StackGuard.i386.rpm
1839ec6f14e4e6ec7d994651643d3738 ypbind-1.7-0.6.x_StackGuard.src.rpm

Thanks,

greg k-h

--
greg(kroah|wirex).com