Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: /tmp topic
From: Brad Cavanagh (bradSUCCESS-INFO.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 18:19:58 CST
- Next message: Kris Kennaway: "Re: /tmp topic"
- Previous message: Pekka Savola: "Re: LPRng remote root exploit"
- Next in thread: Kris Kennaway: "Re: /tmp topic"
- Maybe reply: Brad Cavanagh: "Re: /tmp topic"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
> Is there a standard or a guide or a "HOWTO" <g> on using tmp
> directories safely? About using mkstemp(), assigning correct
> permissions, erasing the file at program termination, etc.
Well, Tim Jenness wrote the File::Temp module for Perl which returns the
filehandle and filename together, which helps guarantee that a race condition
cannot occur between checking for the existence of the file and its opening.
The readme has a small smattering of information on temporary file creation and
the like, so it could be of interest to some people.
--- Brad Cavanagh, Success Information Systems phone: (250) 381-8811 fax: (250) 381-8815 web: http://www.success-info.com