New "Clean" IE Remote Compromise

From: Liu Die Yu (liudieyuinchinayahoo.com.cn)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 03:48:23 CST

OS:Win2k3,CN version
IE: with MS03-048 installed.

OS:WinXp, CN version
Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.Sp1; up-to-date on 2003/11/16

By combining several vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, an attacker can execute his EXE file on victim's system.
("Clean" means: there is no old published vulnerability involved in this exploit)

There is a harmless demo:
(runs harmless demonstration executable)

[technical details]
First, use MhtRedirParsesLocalFile to parse a local file in an IFRAME,
(Liu Die Yu's http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/MhtRedirParsesLocalFile)
Then, use BackToFramedJpu to reach MYCOMPUTER zone.
(Liu Die Yu's http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/BackToFramedJpu)
At last, in MYCOMPUTER security zone, use MhtRedirLaunchInetExe to download the payload EXE file and execute it.
(Liu Die Yu's http://www.safecenter.net/UMBRELLAWEBV4/MhtRedirLaunchInetExe)

Disable Active Scripting in INTERNET zone.

greetings to:
Drew Copley, dror, guninski and mkill.

all mentioned resources can always be found at UMBRELLA.MX.TC

LiuDieyuinchina [N0--Sp2m] yahoo.com.cn
UMBRELLA.MX.TC ==> How to contact "Liu Die Yu"

A wise man learns from other's mistakes; a fool learns from his own.

I would like to work professionally as a security researcher/bug finder.

See my resume at my site. I am very eager to work, flexible, and
extremely productive. I have a top notch resume, with credentials
from leading bug finders. I am willing to work per contract, relocate,
or telecommute.
[Give a Hand]
I haven't got a job as a security researcher yet and my family don't support my security work - so, I don't have a computer of my own. Please consider about donating at: