Re: Edonkey/Overnet Plugins capable of Virus/Worm behavior

From: Alexander Demenshin (aldem-bugtraqaldem.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 14:32:40 CST

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:32:01AM -0000, Julian Ashton wrote:

> MetaMachine and checked when loaded. Am I asking too much? I do not want
> to see this network become a mode of virus propogation.

  A simple bulk-emailer is much worse than file-sharing network - this way
  a potential virus/trojan may be sent out to tens of millions (and 80%
  will click "run").

  Of course, any tool may be misused... You can buy a knife and kill someone,
  so should we stop selling (any) knives, or require certification or police
  permit (and registration) before selling one? :)

Regards,
/Al