a litle bypass with IE

From: Nuno Costa (webcentersapo.pt)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 16:16:30 CDT

hello

im not a expert in this area, but i work in a intranet that haves the Squid/2.3.STABLE5 filtring all access's to the internet..

so i don't have access to the internet directaly, but i know that this proxy allow access to especific web sites.. so, in the past if i us this:

http://urlwebsite_allowed.pt -> the vuln that is already discovered... i have access to the website that i want...

but in this days, this vuln is now fixed so...

in my test's i found this way to pass this proxy, using:

http://website_allowed.ptmy_url -> now i have access...

using url.pt i can bypass the proxy and access the internet, i don't know how faur, this could go!!

so i don't know if this is a bug from IE or just a simple bug from Squid.. ??? can anyone tell what we have in hands ?

PS: sorry my inglish

Nuno Costa
webcentersapo.pt
Portugal