Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 14:14:22 CDT
transLucid - Cross Site Scripting and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
Version Affected: 1.75 (newest)
Info: transLucidonline is the easy website publishing system with which anyone can create and maintain web content, in multiple languages and based on a growing list of ready-made, professional layouts.
Credits: InterN0T (macd3v and MaXe)
-:: The Advisory ::-
Vulnerable Function / ID Calls:
NodeID & action (vulnerable in both admin and public panels)
Cross Site Scripting: (anyone - this was tested with public mode on)
2) http://[HOST]/translucid/transLucid_175/?action="><script>alert(0)</script> (found by macd3v)
-- Number 3 might require moderator or administrative access if public mode is not turned on.
- If public mode is on / chosen, editing the following page-fields will result in script execution: Title & Url
Adding a new page can result in HTML Injection too. (Parent & Child pages were fully tested.)
Affected Sites by HTML Injection: (there will most likely be a lot more.)
-- In the admin panel "> needs to be prepended most likely in order to execute the injection.
--=-- Switching the theme to Developer can result in HTML Injection if there is any injected.
-:: Solution ::-
Regular expression match and / or bad characters conversion rocks!
Easy to install and use, but the code should have been reviewed long ago.
- Vulnerabilities found, researched and confirmed between 5th to 10th June.
- Advisory finished and published on InterN0T the 12th June.
- Vendor and Buqtraq (SecurityFocus) contacted the 12th June.
All of the best,