Vulnerabilitites in Debian F*EX <= 20100208 and F*EX 20111129-2.

From: muuratsalo experimental hack lab (muuratsalogmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2012 - 15:47:20 CST

Dear all,
I have discovered some vulnerabilitites in Debian F*EX <= 20100208 and
F*EX 20111129-2.

F*EX (Frams's Fast File EXchange) is a service (GPL software) that can be
used to allow users anywhere on the Internet to exchange files of ANY size
quickly and conveniently. The sender uploads the file to the F*EX-server
and the recipient automatically gets a notification e-mail with a
download-URL. The sender must be a registered user in opposite to the
recipient. The F*EX design scheme is close related to e-mail.

The vulnerabilities are now patched in the version 20120215. It is a major
update which also fixes some other very minor security hints. I decided to
create two advisories because the WWW upload form is slightly different
between the two releases (20100208 and F*EX 20111129-2).
Cheers muuratsalo

Other References: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=660621