Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Vulnerability Lab (researchvulnerability-lab.com)
Date: Sun May 12 2013 - 16:02:31 CDT
Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10 iOS - Multiple Vulnerabilities
Common Vulnerability Scoring System:
Is it too difficult to get your photos and videos in original quality from your iPhone or iPad? Simply access them
from any nearby computer or another iPhone/iPod/iPad using Web Browser without need to install any 3rd party transfer utilities.
* Access and download all your photos and videos instantly without iTunes syncing and without installing 3rd party transfer utilities
* Simply run WiFi Photo Access on your device and point Web Browser on your computer to displayed address
* One tap download for photos or videoclips (you can also choose to view in current window or view in new window) to another iPhone/iPad
or any Mac or PC computer
* Download all videoclips in original and unmodified HD quality (when sending by e-mail all videos are repacked and lose quality, this
won`t happen with MediaBox)
* View or download all pictures while preserving all metadata and original quality
* Show off your pictures directly from your device without need to sync, e-mail or upload
* Video thumbnails display video size in Mb and duration in seconds
* Photo Access will prevent auto-lock and screen dim feature so your WiFi connection stays alive until you close the application
* Configurable custom port that Web Server listens on
* Optional privacy to deny access to another persons on same local network (username and password authentication)
* Photo Access requires iOS 4.0 and works on iPhone, iPod and iPad (takes advantage of Retina display on iPhone 4)
* Location Services needs to be enabled for WiFi MediaBox to be able to access your media files (this is because photos might contain GPS coordinates).
This is an iOS requirement and your GPS location is not being acquired, nor used for any purpose.
* If you have Restrictions turned ON, please make sure to Allow Changes for Location Services at least temporarily on first startup so Photo Access
can get access to your Photos library.
(Copy of the Homepage: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-mediabox-photo-video/id422804836 )
The Vulnerability Laboratory Research Team discovered multiple vulnerabilities in the mobile Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10 iOS app (Apple - iPad|iPhone).
2013-04-27: Public Disclosure
Product: Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10
A local command injection web vulnerability is detected in the mobile Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10 iOS app (Apple - iPad|iPhone).
The vulnerability allows to inject local commands via vulnerable system values to compromise the apple mobile iOS application.
The vulnerbility is located in the index toolbar module when processing to load a ipad or iphone device name. Local attackers can change
the ipad/iphone device name to system specific commands and file requests to provoke an execution when processing to watch the
main index listing of the pictures. The execution of the script code occurs in the device name web context when processing to
display the vulnerable name value.
Exploitation of the web vulnerability does not require an application user account with login (standard) or user interaction.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerability results unauthorized local execution of system specific commands and path requests.
[+] Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10 - ITunes or AppStore (Apple)
[+] Toolbar - Index
[+] device name
[+] Toolbar Listing - Index
A remote denial of service vulnerability is detected in the mobile Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10 iOS app (Apple - iPad|iPhone).
The vulnerability allows a remote attackers to crash down the software process of the vulnerable iOS service application.
The vulnerability is located in the thumb and img (image) module of the application when processing to request an invalid or non exisiting
id via url parameter. The non exisiting or invalid id request via GET method results in a stable iOS web-server service app crash.
Exploitation of the vulnerability does not require an application user account with login or user interaction.
Successful exploitation of the denial of service vulnerability results in a stable iOS application and web-server crash.
[+] Wireless Photo Access 1.0.10 - ITunes or AppStore (Apple)
[+] thumb and img
Proof of Concept:
The local command injection web vulnerability can be exploited by remote attackers without an application user account
and also without user interaction. For demonstration or reproduce ...
Manually steps to reproduce ... Command Inject via Album Foldername
1. Install the application from itunes or the apple appstore
2. Start the application on your ipad or iphone
3. Open the settings menu of iOS and switch to the name of your iOS device
4. Change the device name to your own malicious string to for a later execution of the command/path injection
5. Open the localhost web-server of the wireless application and refresh the index listing
6. The main index toolbar will execute the device name context without secure encoding
7. Successful reproduced!
PoC: Device Name - Toolbar
<div><font style="font-size:13px;"><b>Wireless Photo Access:</b> >%20>"
<i>(Free Lite version)</i></font></div>
The remote denial of service vulnerability can be exploited by remote attackers without an application user account or user interaction.
For demonstration or reproduce ...
The security risk of the local command/path injection web vulnerability is estimated as high.
The security risk of the remote denial of service web vulnerability is estimated as medium.
Vulnerability Laboratory [Research Team] - Benjamin Kunz Mejri (bkmvulnerability-lab.com)
The information provided in this advisory is provided as it is without any warranty. Vulnerability-Lab disclaims all warranties,
either expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and capability for a particular purpose. Vulnerability-
Lab or its suppliers are not liable in any case of damage, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential loss of business
profits or special damages, even if Vulnerability-Lab or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some
states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation
may not apply. We do not approve or encourage anybody to break any vendor licenses, policies, deface websites, hack into databases
or trade with fraud/stolen material.
Domains: www.vulnerability-lab.com - www.vuln-lab.com - www.vulnerability-lab.com/register
Contact: adminvulnerability-lab.com - supportvulnerability-lab.com - researchvulnerability-lab.com
Section: video.vulnerability-lab.com - forum.vulnerability-lab.com - news.vulnerability-lab.com
Social: twitter.com/#!/vuln_lab - facebook.com/VulnerabilityLab - youtube.com/user/vulnerability0lab
Feeds: vulnerability-lab.com/rss/rss.php - vulnerability-lab.com/rss/rss_upcoming.php - vulnerability-lab.com/rss/rss_news.php
Any modified copy or reproduction, including partially usages, of this file requires authorization from Vulnerability Laboratory.
Permission to electronically redistribute this alert in its unmodified form is granted. All other rights, including the use of other
media, are reserved by Vulnerability-Lab Research Team or its suppliers. All pictures, texts, advisories, source code, videos and
other information on this website is trademark of vulnerability-lab team & the specific authors or managers. To record, list (feed),
modify, use or edit our material contact (adminvulnerability-lab.com or supportvulnerability-lab.com) to get a permission.
Copyright © 2013 | Vulnerability Laboratory
VULNERABILITY RESEARCH LABORATORY
LABORATORY RESEARCH TEAM