Crypto Archives: Re: Electronic envelopes

Re: Electronic envelopes

Mok-Kong Shen (mok-kong.shent-online.de)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:26:42 +0200

jeromepsti.com wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 04:46:18PM +0200, Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
> >
> > I suppose you are discussing Anonymous' post and not your own.
>
> no, i discuss my idea, i dont know the 'oblivious key scrow'
>
> > Now if any (sub)set of the unknown people could construct the key, they
> > could simply post it just for fun and the scheme is sabotaged, isn't
> > it?
>
> it is assumed to be illegal to distribute the key before.
> Doing a illegal act is assumed not to be fun by itself.

Well, if one assumed that everybody obeys the law and all people
believe that, then on could just as well deposited a diskette
containing the plaintext of the document at the notary.

M. K. Shen