Subject: Re: I would like to see some big integer examples of GMP code
From: Peter D. Junger (jungersamsara.LAW.CWRU.Edu)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 23:42:35 CDT

Jay Sulzberger writes:

:
: On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Peter D. Junger wrote:
:
: >
: > I am, I fear, no programmer. But I would like to see if I can
: > implement the RSA algorithm using the GMP library. Before I
: > tackle this I would like to see one or two simple examples of
: > programs using some of the relevant integer functions.
: >
: > Thanks in advance for your assistance.
: >
: > --
: > Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
:
: I find Lisp easier for this sort of thing than C.

Right. And I have thought of trying it in Lisp. But at the moment for
a legal argument about the crypto export regulations, I need to produce
a strong crypto program---but not necessarily a usable one---in the form
of compiled object code for which the source is not available. I'm looking
for the object code equivalent of Adam Back's RSA in 2 lines of Perl.

And I know a little C and have GMP on my linux box.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: jungersamsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu