Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Subject: Anatoly's NP==P paper
From: Jon Erickson (matrixgenesis.elixor.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:57:50 CDT
- Next message: Bram Cohen: "Re: Anatoly's NP==P paper"
- Previous message: David Honig: "Re: Rijndael & Hitachi"
- Next in thread: Bram Cohen: "Re: Anatoly's NP==P paper"
- Reply: Bram Cohen: "Re: Anatoly's NP==P paper"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
Anyone read this yet? I just printed it out.. gonna go over it tonight...
in case you're interested.. It's suppose to be an algorithm that solves a
NP-complete problem in deterministic polynomial time.. O(n^6), to be
exact.. the NP-complete problem in specific is the Min Clique Parition
Problem.. it's similar to the map coloring dealie...
He published it once before, claiming O(n^5) time, but someone (Stas
maybe?) found a case where the machine went off into infinity.. so
supposedly he fixed it up and republished a fixed version... Mind blowing
implecations if it's actaully correct...