Re: [Dailydave] What is the state of vulnerability research?

From: MindsX (mindsxgmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 10:17:36 CST

<White Noise>

Sorry... too cynical... could not stop myself....

MITRE's Centers of Technical Excellence

Our Centers of Technical Excellence are centralized areas in which we build
knowledge of key technologies. They act as a resource for the company by
providing experts to support hundreds of projects across MITRE. Staff
members in each center focus on developing a technical discipline—they
maintain knowledge about current practices and technologies and pursue
leading-edge development so that they can identify future technologies that
will be important to the company and our customers. Experts from these
centers bring knowledge to the projects, their colleagues, and customers.
And they bring back knowledge to the center about how technology is being
used in the field and what the customers might need next.
Following is a list of our Centers of Technical Excellence and their core
areas of focus.

*Information Security
Center*<http://www.mitre.org/about/technical_centers/infosec.html>

   - Applied Secure Systems Engineering
   - Enterprise Security Solutions
   - Secure Information Technology
   - Secure Distributed Computing
   - Network Security Engineering
   - Secure Technology Solutions

then...
http://www.mitre.org/about/technical_centers/infosec.html

Why do I think Mitre should be coming out with answers, not questions?

MindsX