[Dataloss] Over 23, 000 patients notified in three breaches reported to HHS

From: security curmudgeon (jerichoattrition.org)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 15:40:24 CDT

http://www.phiprivacy.net/?p=3843

Over 23,000 patients notified in three breaches reported to HHS
By Dissent, September 21, 2010

In looking at the most recent update to HHS.s web site, I noted three
other breaches that we did not know about already from other sources:

[..]

The Kent Center in Rhode Island reported that paper records of 1,361
patients were stolen in July.

[..]

Virginia psychiatrist Curtis R. Bryan, MD reported that a stolen laptop
contained PHI on 2,739 patients.

[..]

The Iowa-based center reported that 19,222 patients had PHI on a backup
tape that was discovered missing on July 11.

[..]