From: Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptogsvana.org)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 16:54:47 CST

    On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 04:57:21PM -0500, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:
    > Yes, that is what I do to change the ESSID, which works. I am unable
    > to set the frequency/channel with that, however. I get:
    >
    > leela:/home/osi# iwconfig eth0 channel 8
    > SIOCSIWFREQ: Operation not supported

    Managed mode does not allow you to edit the frequency. The frequency is
    assigned (decided?) by the AP automatically.

    > My procedure is currently, move to alternate location, power up, cycle
    > AP power, change scheme with cardctl. and it works. The cycle AP power
    > step is the one that needs to go :)

    Does cycling the pcmcia card work? As in pulling it out and putting it in
    again, resetting all the drivers? Do you actually shutdown or is it a laptop
    in sleep mode?

    --
    Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptogsvana.org>
    http://svana.org/kleptog/