Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Solomon Peachy (solomonlinux-wlan.com)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 10:47:50 CDT
First, as of the 13th of May, I'm employed by AbsoluteValue Systems, the
commercial entity behind the linux-wlan-ng drivers. I'm delighted to be
here, and I look forward to becoming even more active in the Linux
wireless networking community.
(Who ever said Open Source and/or Free Software couldn't get you a job?)
Version 0.1.14-pre3 is up at
The major change in this release is the integration of the skb patch that
significantly reduces CPU load (and driver readability!) Other noteworthy
changes include USB fixes -- it no longer kernel panics when you bring up
the interface, and using WEP should now work.
Additional thanks go to Kristen Carlson for finding a bug in the packet
conversion code that's been there.. well, forever. :)
I have a few things on my todo list for -pre4, including integration of
the driver SMP locking rewrite, which still needs work and a lot more
testing before it's ready for more widespread circulation. (If anyone
wants to be a lab rat, let me know..)
The full changelog is below.
- Applied pizza's patch to remove the pb_t structure and make all
802.11<->ether conversions happen in-place. Noticeably reduces
cpu load. Also includes a few misc bugfixes to the conversion code.
- Workaround for the kernel panic on bringing up a USB interface
- Applied Mike Klar's USB patch that adds support for the MIPS
target and should, among other things, fix WEP under USB.
- Added Remy Cool's patch to add the Dynalink prism2 card ids.
- Tim Miller's pcmcia script install path patch
- Applied Tim Fletcher's patch to allow compilation against
the newest versions of the wireless extensions. (V13)
- Added jwyatt's patch for the Compaq Evo N600C USB adapter thing.
- Per mwelk's suggestion, changed the displaystring totext to single
quote the strings. Hopefully this will take care of some of the
"SSID w/ space" problems.
- tseward's ID code patch for Siemens SpeedStream USB adapters.
- pizza's patch for dropping/ignoring frames in promisc and allmulti
- crankin's new Actiontec USB IDs.
- crankin's fix for wext /proc zero vs. garbage problem.
- pizza's chkconfig comment in rc.wlan.
- pizza's patch to add true promiscious support to 0.1.13. Also includes
Experimental ALLMULTI support.
- pizza's patch to add PF_PACKET capture and raw transmit to 0.1.13-pre2,
(with toggles for WEP in sniffing and prism header)
NOTE: this patch _removes_ the old netlink monitor mode (sniff) interface.
If you're sniffing, you need to use the latest libpcap (v7.2-pre..from CVS),
you'll also need to build your own ethereal (0.9.0 or greater) using the
- bhuang's fix for the hfa384x_test_command() function.
-- Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com 715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office) Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux) Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
iD8DBQE86mwmgW9b/nAvdc4RAk6zAJ4j7kBtd6vQ6DXu2+IhzMKq1V0jgQCgkMSe aWntP/L/+XNEyyC7VelbrWQ= =8/59 -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________ Linux-wlan-announce mailing list Linux-wlan-announcelists.linux-wlan.com http://lists.linux-wlan.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-wlan-announce