Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
From: Solomon Peachy (solomon_at_linux-wlan.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 17:21:19 CDT
Yes, it's finally here.
Little has changed since -pre7, mainly a couple of card ident entries, and
some fixes that should make packaging a lot easier. Plus a set of debian
packaging files. Yay!
However, since 0.1.13, there have been a lot of major changes.
1) Complete rework of the internals to an almost zero-copy system.
2) True promiscious mode support.
3) Monitor mode uses PF_PACKET instead of NETLINK.
4) And a metric ton of bugfixes, updates, and additional card entries.
A complete changelog from 0.1.13 is below.
You can snag it at ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng
- Added PCI ident info for the 3Com AirConnect PCI.
- FCS toggle now (really) defaults to false.
- Added PCMCIA ident info for the 3Com AirConnect 3CRW737A/3CRW777A
- David Everly's patch to kernel detection in the Configure script
- David Everly's patch to add better debian packaging bits.
- Added kernel tags stuff.
- Added PCMCIA ident info for the Actiontec 802CI2 card.
- Added PCMCIA ident info for the Proxim RangeLAN-DS/LAN card.
- Endian "fixes" for PCI PowerMacs. This fix may be relevant for other
BigEndian/PCI (and PLX) platforms.
- FCS in monitor mode now optional; defaults to off.
- Populate the monitor channel in the prismheader.
- monitor mode now works on USB widgets.
- Fix an alignment bug in the rx path.
- Fix a brown-paper-bag bug in the usb flash code.
- Explicitly enumerate the USB widget endpoints, and use 'em.
- REALLY fix the wlan.conf overwriting.
- More minor cleanups in the PCI/PLX init code.
- endian-ness fixes in the monitor code
- Applied a patch from David Everly to fix another 2.2.x compile problem.
- Add USB entries for the "Melco WLI-USB-S11 11Mbps WLAN Adapter"
- Don't overwrite /etc/wlan.conf if it already exists.
- Compile sniffing code if packet socket is modularized.
- Fix a typo with the init script.
- Fix a compile problem with 2.2.x kernels
- First bits of the SMP/locking fixes.
- Partial rewrite of the PCI/PLX/USB driver internals.
- Added a makefile for the 'addons/keygen' tool.
- Fixed a race condition in the USB code.
- Applied Godmar Back's "SSIDs with spaces" patch.
- Applied pizza's patch to remove the pb_t structure and make all
802.11<->ether conversions happen in-place. Noticeably reduces
cpu load. Also includes a few misc bugfixes to the conversion code.
- Workaround for the kernel panic on bringing up a USB interface
- Applied Mike Klar's USB patch that adds support for the MIPS
target and should, among other things, fix WEP under USB.
- Added Remy Cool's patch to add the Dynalink prism2 card ids.
- Tim Miller's pcmcia script install path patch
- Applied Tim Fletcher's patch to allow compilation against
the newest versions of the wireless extensions. (V13)
- Added jwyatt's patch for the Compaq Evo N600C USB adapter thing.
- Per mwelk's suggestion, changed the displaystring totext to single
quote the strings. Hopefully this will take care of some of the
"SSID w/ space" problems.
- tseward's ID code patch for Siemens SpeedStream USB adapters.
- pizza's patch for dropping/ignoring frames in promisc and allmulti
- crankin's new Actiontec USB IDs.
- crankin's fix for wext /proc zero vs. garbage problem.
- pizza's chkconfig comment in rc.wlan.
- pizza's patch to add true promiscious support to 0.1.13. Also includes
Experimental ALLMULTI support.
- pizza's patch to add PF_PACKET capture and raw transmit to 0.1.13-pre2,
(with toggles for WEP in sniffing and prism header)
NOTE: this patch _removes_ the old netlink monitor mode (sniff) interface.
If you're sniffing, you need to use the latest libpcap (v7.2-pre..from CVS),
you'll also need to build your own ethereal (0.9.0 or greater) using the
- bhuang's fix for the hfa384x_test_command() function.
-- Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com 715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office) Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux) Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
iD8DBQE9NJxfgW9b/nAvdc4RApvIAJ46v9veRQNsNcK8aBXN2uIN4Y0+ngCdENl+ Ef76hBKtzhsdhyfjlrV9e/A= =SJqB -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________ Linux-wlan-announce mailing list Linux-wlan-announcelists.linux-wlan.com http://lists.linux-wlan.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-wlan-announce