Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
From: Solomon Peachy (solomon_at_linux-wlan.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 08:36:10 CDT
Okay, so this broke the "weekly release" pattern. Nyeh.
This is primarily a bugfix release. Most notably, this should fix the
modversions-related compile problems a lot of people were reporting.
(Blame the Linux Kernel team for that rather ugly mess)
But there's a small pile of new things added. In particular,
TMD7160-based "PLX-like" adapters should work; This code is untested as
I don't have any pertinent hardware. HP-PA support, if someone would
care to test, a couple more card ident entries.. and then there's
As part of this hotplug support, the ATMEL USB device detection is
disabled, as we don't want to take over the ATMEL driver's registering
of its devices. (Especially in light of the newly-GPLed atmel driver..)
Feedback (and/or patches) appreciated, as always.
- Hotplug support for PCI/PLX/USB widgets
- A compile fix for 2.2.x (x < 18) kernels and PCI adapters
- Support for TMD7160-based "almost but not quite PLX" boards
- HP-PA support. In theory. Anyone care to test?
- pcmcia script cleanups
- Add ident info for the "Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B LAN USB Device"
- Include an almost-sane fix to the modversion madness
- Tweak the init order of the PCI driver structs
- Added ident info for ASUS WL-110/WL-100 cards
- Support for PCI power managment
- Fixed a wep hang on the transmit side
- Compile fixes; mainly for 2.2 kernels
- Add support for the SIOCGIWRATE wireless extension
- Restructured the driver locking. SMP should be MUCH better now.
- Stripped out more dead code. (mainly FID_STACK)
- Fix an skb access after we call netif_rx
- Fixes for XScale CPUs.
- Added added a MiniUSB ident info
- Restructure of the docmd_* functions
- Host-based WEP decryption and encryption
- Partial rewrite of copy_to_bap.
- Debian package metadata updated to 3.0-STABLE. (David Everley)
- Stripped out a lot of crap from wlan_compat.h
- More atmel adapters added to the USB exclude list.
- James Goodwin's patch to fix a bug in the 80211conv code.
- The 3COM AirConnect board is a PLX adapter.
-- Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com 715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office) Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux) Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
iD8DBQE9YkXJgW9b/nAvdc4RAhZtAJ0WlsWyPRZx6md7KrE00sJpOz3ExQCgjuNu xjdaAiqlBXhXWn81SjtisSU= =r0gF -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________ Linux-wlan-announce mailing list Linux-wlan-announcelists.linux-wlan.com http://lists.linux-wlan.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-wlan-announce