Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
From: Solomon Peachy (solomon_at_linux-wlan.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 11:35:14 CST
Mostly accumulated bugfixes since the last release. Aiming to stabilize
the last round of changes before new stuff can proceed. :)
Hotplug scripts now work, though they could still use some improvement,
especially integration with the net.agent.
The only new feature is support for a new (considerably more useful)
capture header in monitor mode. (Toggleable; the old one is still
present) An ethereal dissector is pending. see doc/capturefrm.txt for
- Further script enhancements; automatically use scan mode on hardware
that is known to support it properly.
- Fixed errors in the hotplug script, and other misc fixes.
- 2.2.x fixes for the new proc stuff and deferred processing stuff.
- Add support for the new sniff frame capture. (doc/capturefrm.txt)
- Get rid of some bitrot with the sniffing code.
- Populate the tx dropped frames statistics.
- Fixes for host scan when not currently joined.
- /proc support; some informational stuff is kept in /proc/wlandev/wlanX
- Complete rewrite of the configuration files and startup scripts.
hotplug(pci+usb), pcmcia, rc, everything uses same config file(s).
supports scanning and automatically choosing a network from a set.
- Fix the TMD7160/ncp130 support so it acually works. :)
- Make the BUG() call in cmd_access enabled only in debug builds.
- Minor makefile fixes.
- Microsoft MN520 PCMCIA ident info added.
- p2cnfShortPreamble is not a boolean value. (Clay Jones)
- BAP access fixes for PCI platforms. This mostly affects SMP
- Back out W200 USB ident info; it's not prism-based.
- Patch from Tom Prado to make 'keygen' more user-friendly.
- bap_timeout parameter only valid on non-usb platforms
- Added Ident info for the USB Compaq/Intel W200 widget
- dot11req_scan requires firmware >=1.3.2.
- Added the "Acer Warplink USB Adapter" id.
- Rework the prism2sta_inf_linkstatus call to defer processing of
results until outside interrupt context. Should fix the SMP
deadlocks seen on some machines.
- Rework the usb_disconnect code to hopefully alleviate the occasional
crash-on-disconnect some people see. Solution is not SMP-safe yet.
- Add the D-Link DCF-660W ident info.
- New parameter, 'prism2_bap_timeout' to specify the timeout on
bap setup. timeout*10 == timeout in microseconds. Note that this
timeout occurs in spinlock context, so increasing it arbitrarily is
BAD! Defaults to 1000, ie 10000us.
- compile fix for prism2sta in debug mode.
- Only prompt for pcmcia sources if we're using non-kernel pcmcia.
(original patch by Beat Bolli, rewritten a bit..)
- Add the Linksys WCF12 CF ident info.
- A bunch of compile fixes for older versions of wireless extensions.
- Added implementations of GIWTXPOWER and GIWRETRY
- Some fixes to the wireless extension code (thanks to Jean Tourrilhes)
- wland was incorrectly using kernel headers in its compile.
- Adhoc mode was auto-roaming onto "any" SSID. Fixed.
- Implemented the dot11req_scan & dot11req_scan_results functions.
This, combined with more intelligent startup scripts, will allow
you per-network profiles. Scripts are unwritten as yet. :)
- hfa384x.h and MIB updates.
- Rewrote the wireless extension support code; moved to p80211 layer.
Now we're compatible with at least v6-v14, and everything
inbetween. We hook up to the new iw_request structure, which
makes further wireless extension support much easier to add.
- Add the Microsoft MN510 USB device ID.
- Finally fix the 'crash on unload' problem for 2.2.x kernels with PCI.
Turns out the kcompat24 code wasn't quite complete. (Matthew Rush)
- Cleaned up our usage of __FUNCTION__ to make gcc 3.x happy.
- Fix a typo in the prism2 makefile.
-- Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com 715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office) Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux) Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
iD8DBQE9yVLSgW9b/nAvdc4RAgchAJ4yyRKo9BwTcfewDUvQUYq6E1NOdQCffaLG bhOsMaFktsv4Ww+7ttF7dNw= =yUXs -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________ Linux-wlan-announce mailing list Linux-wlan-announcelists.linux-wlan.com http://lists.linux-wlan.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-wlan-announce