Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[lwlan-announce] linux-wlan-ng 0.2.1-pre1
From: Solomon Peachy (solomonlinux-wlan.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 08:26:24 CST
It's time for another -pre to start the ball rolling again.
So, what's new.. a small pile of bugfixes, a locking rearrangement that
should be functionally neutral (unless I missed something..), but the
biggest change is the addition of kernel 2.5 support. prism2_usb does
not currently compile with 2.5, but everything else should be okay.
That said, there are known problems with this release:
0) Obscure oops-on-module-unload bug that I haven't been able to sort
out yet. It may just be my laptop's heavily patched kernel.
1) 2.5 support is in flux, as indeed the kernel itself is. You'll need
to use at least 2.5.64, and who knows if stuff newer than 2.5.66 will
2) prism2_usb doesn't compile with 2.5; this will take some work due to
3) Host Authentication/Association 'setconfig' happens in interrupt
context. This needs to be deferred, much like the linkstatus
Feedback and/or patches welcome.
Full changelog follows:
- Header updates.
- Add a card ident for the USR 1120 USB widget (Juan Conde)
- Cleaner shutdown; fixed a possible leak and a race condition.
- Another rearrangement of the command locks, to eliminate use of the
- Fix a rare deadlock with cmd_initialize (Pavel Roskin)
- Add a Lucent-compatible key-generator in add-ons/lwepgen
- Fix a stack overflow problem. (Pavel Roskin)
- Further monitor mode fix for control frames (Pavel Roskin)
- Cleanups in the dependency generation code
- Initial 2.5 support. USB currently broken.
- Minor build system cleanups.
Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com
AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com
715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office)
Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Linux-wlan-announce mailing list