Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
[lwlan-announce] linux-wlan-ng 0.2.1-pre4 (highly experimental)
From: Solomon Peachy (solomonlinux-wlan.com)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 15:53:39 CDT
Treat this one with extreme care! It's had very little testing so far.
There are a small pile of bugfixes and other changes, more card idents,
and two large changes, the first being the Chris Rankin's USB cleanups.
That shouldn't appear any different to the end-user, though it may be a
bit more reliable than it used to be.
The other change is yet another overhaul of the init scripts and hotplug
support. This is a radical departure from before; all of the wlan
configuration is now handled via hotplug events. This includes the
likes of power management too; so the device will come back up cleanly
on a resume.
The exception is pcmcia; it is currently still handled by dedicated
scripts, but I hope to rectify that shortly. (prism2_cs still triggers
the hotplug scripts, but the events are ignored for now) The only thing
lost by moving away from the pcmcia-specific stuff is the pcmcia scheme
support which is partially broken anyway.
I'm especially interested in feedback and bug reports on the new script
workings; there's more I intend to do with it.
- Substantial prism2_usb patch from Chris Rankin.
- using 2 Linux lists for CTLXs
- remove race condition and double-free with CTLXs in disconnect()
- initialise URBs correctly (vital for Linux 2.5+)
- separate callbacks for data/CTLX OUT URBs
- flush task queue on shutdown
- more thorough use of spinlocks with CTLXs
- set the ASYNC_UNLINK flag when it is time to unlink an URB
asynchronously, and not before.
- ensure we stop submitting URBs once the disconnect function
- More USB idents (Jeff Chua)
- Scan now uses active scans only; should speed things up a bit.
- Proper module init/cleanup in prism2sta.c, plus more work for 2.5.69
- Added in descriptions for module parameters.
- Major overhaul of the hotplug stuff. Now we use our own hotplug
event class, and use that to kick off configuration and whatnot.
All device types (pci/plx/pcmcia/usb) now use this mechanism.
Also brings us things like unified power management (suspend/resume)
- Supress spurious output when setting WEP parameters.
- Only query PrivacyOptionImplemented if wep was enabled in the config
Works around an apparent firmware bug, see http://bugs.debian.org/190851
- Eliminate hw->name.
- Card ident for NL-2511CD Plus pcmcia card.
- Minor tweak on pcmcia removal.
- Fix the USB compile on <2.4.20
Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com
AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com
715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office)
Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Linux-wlan-announce mailing list