Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 14:05:43 CST
This release fixes a few build/script problems that were present in the
last release. It also brings to the plate a reworked rx path and
substantial work on wireless extensions:
- Highly experimental, horribly untested. Using this code may cause
you to get SARS.
- WRITEs are only enabled if you have a recent (2.4.19+) kernel, ie
for WIRELESS_EXT > 12
- Ideally one would issue a 'iwconfig commit' to make the changes
stick, but setting the SSID will do the same for now. Stupid
braindead distro scripts.
- you need to enable a module parameter (wlan_wext_write=1), and doing
so will cause the linux-wlan-ng startup scripts to abort as soon as
the firmware is loaded.
- You MUST tell your distro to not use hotplug to bring up the net
device (eg for redhat, HOTPLUG=no in the ifcfg-wlanX file), or it may
try to use the wext sets before the device is in a state to receive
them. (especially true for SSF cards!)
Also, I know this release will not work on linux 2.2. Does anyone care?
I'm sorely tempted to strip out support for pre-2.4 kernels, and
possibly even support for kernels older than 2.4.19.
- Fix broken makefiles so that prism2dl and the rc script install
- Get rid of the txfid lock, it's not necessary.
- Tasklet-driven RX handlers.
- Further work towards a Wireless Extension-enabled future.
- SIWFRAG, SIWRETRY, SIWFREQ, SIWRTS implemented
- SIWENCODE, SIWESSID taken from zdsta-1.0.3 (needs work)
- SIWCOMMIT Implemented ala autojoin.
- write support defaults to disabled, override via module parameter
- fix a warning in the wireless extension code.
- hfa384x.h header updates
- Fix prism2dl to handle the S7 record being elsewhere in the image.
- Fix up brown paper bag script error for SSF hardware.
Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com
AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com
715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office)
Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Linux-wlan-announce mailing list