Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
[lwlan-announce] linux-wlan-ng 0.2.1-pre21
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 10:35:18 CDT
It's been too long, and patches have accumulated. So here's another
snapshot of the latest and greatest.
The biggest change from a user perspective is that we now bundle all
necessary firmware with the driver. At last. No more hunting the net
for stuff; it will JustWork out of the box. The other major change is
that modules are installed to $MOD_DIR/linux-wlan-ng instead of in the
kernel/net/* hierarchy, which should only be used by drivers bundled
with the kernel.
There's now experimental IWSPY support courtest of Josef Krigel, and
some reworking of the internal frame representation. Or at least the
beginning; taken to its logical conclusion will mean a lot of work and
other changes. I can elaborate more if anyone's interested.
Anyway, enjoy, let me know how it works, or doesn't..
- Add a per frame rx structure for OOB data to be passed to p80211
This is a step in the right direction for a major overhaul of
internal frame representation. The prism2 driver shouldn't care
about sniff headers or any of that crap; it should always pass
everything to p80211 (via this metadata) and the p80211conv_*
functions should do that work. It's also needed to eventually
support different encryption types.
- Added in beginnings of IWSPY support via patch from Josef Kriegl
- Install modules to $MOD_DIR/linux-wlan-ng instead of $MOD_DIR/kernel
- Primary/Secondary firmware (finally) bundled with the driver.
- Convert to newer 2.6 module parameter code.
- Fix an inverted test in GIWENCODE wireless extension (Shiro Ninomiya)
- Minor script fix for SSF cards (Pavel Roskin)
- Card idents.
- Fixes for SSF PCI cards; default to x16 SRAM as that's more common.
(download script now automatically detects hardware type)
- Fix script problems that result in a failed init returning success.
- Fix an endian-ness buglet in prism2sta.c (Federico Pellegrin)
- Compile fixes for 2.2.x kernels. (no tasklets or spin_lock_bh)
- Fix up pci resources on card init failure on plx card.
Solomon Peachy solomonlinux-wlan.com
AbsoluteValue Systems http://www.linux-wlan.com
715-D North Drive +1 (321) 259-0737 (office)
Melbourne, FL 32934 +1 (321) 259-0286 (fax)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Linux-wlan-announce mailing list