Neohapsis is currently accepting applications for employment. For more information, please visit our website www.neohapsis.com or email email@example.com
Dump / restore different server, different database
From: Aki Karjalainen (Aki.Karjalainencanter.fi)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:18:27 CDT
I've been trying to figure out what's the best (quick, compact etc.) way to dump database (tables, indexes, data) and import it to a different database which has the same table structure but different name, size, users etc?
I managed to do it this way:
1. Do a catalog extract to a file.
2. Do a CSV dump of all the tables (pain in the ass if there is hundreds of tables...DATAEXTRACT * FROM MYTABLE1 OUTFILE...)
3. Create new database
4. Rename database in catalog dump file if needed (new database name)
5. Do a catalogload to import table structure and indexes.
6. Do data load on all the CSV data files (again, pain in the as if there's many tables).
I bet there's an easier way?
sapdb.general mailing list