FreeBSD Security Archives: Re: ipfw and syslogd

Re: ipfw and syslogd

Brian F. Feldman (greenFreeBSD.org)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote,
> > Root <rootnet72-105.student.yale.edu> writes:
> > > !ipfw
> > > *.* /var/log/firewall.log
> >
> > Won't work in -STABLE, because ip_fw.c uses printf() instead of log().

It should work just fine, since printf()s go to syslog too.

> Bug or feature?

Neither. I just haven't merged back the changes which make ipfw use log(9).
(I should say "yet," as I hope to do so soon.)