FreeBSD Security Archives: Re: How to prevent motd including os

Re: How to prevent motd including os info

John-Mark Gurney (gurney_jefn.org)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:02:36 -0700

Donald J . Maddox scribbled this message on Sep 13:
> There may not be ANYTHING *BSD in the jail environment, let alone
> 'strings'. Again, assumptions.

ummm.. yes there is... can we say ENOSYS?? I knew you could... assuming
people have write permissions and execute permissions...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 408 975 9651
  Cu Networking

"The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it. The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson