FreeBSD Security Archives: Re: [Systalk] localhost.org (fwd)

Re: [Systalk] localhost.org (fwd)

sthaugnethelp.no
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:12:28 +0100

> Another best practive often not done correctly is the reverse zome for
> 127.in-addr.arpa. Yes, thats right, I said 127.in-addr.arpa, not
> 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa. And that is where the error is made, even in the
> bind documentation and in what FreeBSD distributes. Here is a proper
> zone file:

I see no reason why this is any more correct than the "traditional"

$origin 0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.
1 PTR localhost.

Maybe you'd like to convince us?

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaugnethelp.no

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org