Subject: Re: Two kinds of advisories?
From: Brett Glass (brettlariat.org)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 14:22:42 CDT

At 12:42 PM 7/13/2000, Jim King wrote:

>Why are they reading the advisories at all if they don't understand them?

They often aren't. Many are just scanning the headers. Unfortunately,
the headers leave the uninitiated with the wrong impression. I think
that this could be avoided with a slight rephrasing. It would sure save
me a bunch of panicky e-mails and phone calls, which seem to happen no
matter how often I try to educate people.

--Brett

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org