Subject: Re: Displacement of Blame[tm]
From: Mike Hoskins (mikeadept.org)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 18:24:15 CDT

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> I don't think you understand. The stated problem is that people are
> automatically counting advisories based on false assumptions.

I think the problem is we're wasting an incredable amount of bandwidth
over some individual's/group's false assumption(s) or general lack of
clue.

This thread isn't solving anything or helping anyone, but if you really,
truly, honestly believe it is... How about moving it to -advocacy? It's
become much more relevant to -advocacy than it is to -security. My
-security bucket is swelling with banter that has very little [nothing] to
do with the security of my FreeBSD system.

-mrh

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org