Subject: Script kiddies and their port scans
From: Stephen Hocking (shockinghouston.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 18:14:09 CDT

Checking the firewall logs I see various attempts to connect to rather unusual
ports on my box - does anyone now what the following are?

98 - This comes up as TACNEWS in /etc/services

143 imap2

Are the two unknown ones some BackOrifice port or part of the common backdoors
left behind by these twerps?

  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky, University of California

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message