Subject: Script kiddies and their port scans
From: Stephen Hocking (shockinghouston.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 18:14:09 CDT

Checking the firewall logs I see various attempts to connect to rather unusual
ports on my box - does anyone now what the following are?

27374

1243

98 - This comes up as TACNEWS in /etc/services

143 imap2

Are the two unknown ones some BackOrifice port or part of the common backdoors
left behind by these twerps?

        Stephen

--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky, University of California

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message