Subject: Re: politeness
From: Brett Glass (brettlariat.org)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 11:37:58 CDT

At 03:53 AM 10/3/2000, Wes Peters wrote:

>> Everyone has a right to write to the list and share his thoughts.
>
>No, the list has a charter. This is a republic, not a democracy.

Does that mean that to get something posted to the list, I need to
contact my representative, who doesn't respond to me because
I'm not a member of his political party? Or has a staffer send me
back a boilerplate form letter and then does what his large
corporate contributors want? ;-)

Aargh. I am very glad that mailing lists are NOT republics.

--Brett

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org