Subject: Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/finger finger.c
From: Peter Wemm (peternetplex.com.au)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 18:32:58 CDT

"David O'Brien" wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 10:58:30AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> > We used to be really good about this and as we've grown the cautious
> > merge into -stable ethic has become diluted. It is time to tighten
> > things down for a while again. The finger thing has shown that the
> > current practices are too loose.
> And the only way to return to this is to put peer presure on committers
> who MFC too quick.

I know I am guilty of this sometimes, but yes. More care and patience is
IMHO the best solution. Things that have potential remote access exposure
could probably have stronger requirements. (again IMHO).

Peter Wemm - peterFreeBSD.org; peteryahoo-inc.com; peternetplex.com.au

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message