From: Lawrence Sica (lomion1cox.net)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 23:58:07 CST

    On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:40:20 -0700
    Brett Glass <brettlariat.org> may have typed:

    > I'd like to install OpenSSH 3.1 instead of merely applying the patch.
    > Can this be brought into the ports tree? I could install from the
    > portable OpenSSH source, but of course some subtle changes made for
    > better integration would be missing.

    If you install the openssh-portable port you can specify
    OPENSSH_OVERWRITE_BASE to overwrite the base OpenSSH. I know this
    exists in the protable port. I don't normally use the ports for OpenSSH
    thought jsuthave read the Makefiles.

    HTH

    --Larry

    To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomoFreeBSD.org